13: Just Keep Swimming

Just because today is a terrible day doesn't mean tomorrow won't be the best day of your life. You just have to be patient and smile through the rough patches. 

"Wish us luck?"

"Of course! Good luck boys. Don't slip on stage," i say, adding a wink. I earned a couple eye rolls at that.

"We'll try our best," Harry teases. I giggle as the announcer says they're coming on.

"I believe that's your cue."

They all bounce onto the stage as What Makes You Beautiful plays. I watch them again just like I had the night before. It was basically the same show as last nights. Not much changed in the routine. I still watched though. This concert went by a lot quicker than the last one seemed to.

As the ending came near I couldn't help but remember last night and how they pulled me up on stage and forced me to sing. Honestly, part of me was hoping they would do it again. I actually did enjoy singing in front of people. The only thing I didn't like about that little scheme last night was that they didn't let me know that 'Hey! You might be singing in front of 12345678 people tonight!' which would have been a piece of useful information.

Sadly, they didn't call me up again. When the last song ended they said their goodbyes and exited the stage for the night.

"You guys were great!" I say to them as they come backstage, completely on a high from performing.

"Thanks! We have to do a meet and greet now. You and Claire coming?" Harry asks. I look down at Claire who was looking off into space at two of the workers who appeared to be arguing. I shrug.

"Sure, I guess."

"Great!"

We follow the boys through a series of hallways and through a couple doors before we get to the right place. I don't know how they find things so easily. I guess every venue is pretty similar backstage. That, or they've done a show here before.

"OH MY GOSH! THERE THEY ARE! AHHH!" I heard about a million girls scream at the top of their teenage lungs. I cover Claire's ears with my hands.

"It's loud!" she whines.

"I know. Do you want to leave?" She nods. I sigh and tap Niall on the shoulder. He was the one closest to me. "I'm gonna take Claire outside. She doesn't like the noise and honestly neither do I," I tell him once he's looking at me. He nods.

"Okay. You can always hang out in our dressing room too if you'd prefer. Whatever you want." I smile and thank him before taking Claire's hand and leading her back out the way we came in. After getting lost about eight times I finally find the boys dressing room.

"Why do all those girls scream when they see Niall and Liam and Hazza and Louis and Zayn? Are they afraid of them or....or think that they're scary? I don't think they're scary..." Claire asks. I chuckle and sit down on one of the couches.