Chapter 31

The day seemed longer than normal to Elena as she eagerly waited for whatever secret Dean was keeping from her. And why was he waiting for Jeremy and Bonnie to get here. Was he going to break up with me? I have no car to leave in, so he called them to make sure I have a ride? Oh my God! What if that's it! He's lost interest since I got pregnant. No, that's not it. He loves me. She tells herself.

Dean had been out all morning, getting supplies for dinner. He said he was gonna make dinner, and get pie. He was very jittery when he left.

When Dean did get back, Elena had offered to help him carry things in but he politely declined the offer. He wanted to do it himself.

"You sure Dean?"

"Absolutely. You just relax. Ok? I'll take care of everything else."

She smiled, and went to the couch and turned on the TV.

Before she knew it, Jeremy and Bonnie were there, and she was so excited. It had been about a week since they had been there. A very long week. And Dean was finally going to tell her. She didn't know whether to be excited or feel dread.

"So, Elena... Bonnie is going to take you shopping for some new clothes. I gave her some money. You'll be safe with her and Jeremy can help me get set up for your suprise."

Elena looked over at him, but thought better of it.

"Just remember... I hate suprises."

"It's going to be a good suprise. Promise." Bonnie told her.
"Wait! You know too? Does Jeremy know too?"

Bonnie smiled and shrugged her shoulders.
Elena threw her arms in the air, giving up and went to her room to change. While Dean turned on some music to work with.

"So, Dean. What's your plan?"
"Shhh! She's still here. Wait."
Jeremy nodded as the girls came out and gave their men kisses goodbye, and Dean tossed them the keys to his Impala.

"You got it fixed? When!"

"Well, You've been sleeping alot lately and I've had alot of time on my hands. So, I fixed it. I had Cas and Sam getting my parts for me or I ordered them online."

"Oh wow! And you want us to take her? Baby?"

Dean smiled at Elena's excitement.

"Our baby, Elena."

Her mouth dropped. She didn't know what to say.

As they were walking out. Dean caught them.

"Just... pet her first. On the top. Just outside the door. Ok? She can get cranky sometimes. The timings still a little off. So, just keep her happy."

Elena rolled her eyes, and ran out to the car.

Jeremy listened for the car to start and then leave. "You know I haven't even driven her yet. I let Elena have that honor."

"Wow Dean. That's pretty deep for you."
Jeremy said as Sam walked in.

"Did I just see Elena and Bonnie driving off in your car?"
"Yup!"

"Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Like, ever."

"Ya, well... things change Sammy. And today, I'm going to ask Elena to marry me."