Part 33

In the morning I woke up first and tried not to wake Dallas up as I got ready. I didn't know what to wear so I decided to wear the dress Dallas said looked nice in the sunset photo he has of me. It was a dark purple dress with thin straps but not too thin. I put on a little makeup like lipstick, mascara, and blush. But that's it because Dallas would not approve if I had more. By the time I was done I heard movement outside the bathroom but luckily I locked the door. I heard his footsteps heading to the door and then the doorknob began to shake like crazy. "Open up birthday girl before I break down the door!" I laughed and looked in the mirror one last time before opening the door. Once I opened it Dallas picked me up and spun me around. I screamed as Dallas yelled spinning me around. "Happy birthday doll!" I laughed while he put me down and I saw his smile grow wider. "Well aren't you looking extra beautiful today," he said. I smiled and hugged him tightly and he gladly hugged me back. He put his chin on top of my head and squeezed me tightly. When we let go he kissed the top of my forehead and smiled at me.

"You ready?" He asked me and I quickly nodded. "I already packed my bag. Did you pack yours?" I asked him as he threw on a random shirt and his leather jacket. "Yeah, I did but I'm still not sure about that bathing suit you bought the other day." I rolled my eyes as I finished my braid that I left on my right shoulder. My grandma told me never to have my braid to my back because someone could pull me from behind. "It's not bad Dallas," I said leaving the bathroom as he walked in to fix his hair. I was so excited to to go on this trip and spend the whole week at the lake. The house was beautiful and I know the boys are going to love that place. I heard the phone ring outside the room so I ran out to get it. "Kaitlyn speaking," I said picking up the phone. "Hey chick, it's William." My heart instantly stopped and I reached to hang up the phone but he stopped me. "Before you hang up on me, which I know you will," he said. "I'm really sorry for what I said to you the other day. You have every right to be mad at me and not ever talk to me again. But just know I'm really sorry for what I said. You and Ponyboy are perfect for each other and I've accepted that."

The more and more he talked, the more I felt bad. What he said still made me mad but I don't blame him. "I'm really sorry Kate," he said. I took a deep breath as my finger rested over the button to hang up. "I'll think about it Randy. I won't be in town this week so don't look for me. Have a nice day... William." I pushed down on the button and placed the phone down. I started to walk away but then the phone rang again. I sighed and picked up the phone expecting it to be Randy but it wasn't. "Morning whichever Winston you are," Sodapop said. I smiled and laughed a little under my breath. "It's Kate, good morning to you too Sodapop." Dallas walked over and snatched the phone from me. "Who is this?" Dallas snapped through the phone. His face changed from mad to embarrassed and that made me laugh. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. "Yeah, we'll meet you guys there. We'll be there in a couple minutes once everything is ready. All right see you guys there," Dallas said.

He hung up the phone and smiled at me. Dallas and I put our bags into the car and when I opened the door to get in I saw a gift bag inside. It was light pink and the paper was yellow, but on the bag it said #1. "Dallas, did you get me more than one present?" He smiled and got in the car so I followed lifting the gift up and putting it on my lap. "Don't open it yet," he said starting the car. "The boys said once we get to the lake house you can open all of them because some of them aren't from me." Oh my god, the boys are so sweet. They all got me something? "Just put it in the backseat," he said as we left the driveway. I turned to put it their and I saw another gift bag that was a little bigger than the last one. "Oh my god, you've got to be kidding me," I said covering my face. Dallas smiled as I put my gift with the other one. "I'm going to cry already," I said with a smile. He smiled and nudged me a little.

We arrived at the Curtis house because I didn't want to go to the diner. I'd rather have breakfast at home with them than in a restaurant. I got out of the car and I heard the door open and then footsteps coming from behind. I instantly knew who it was. The gate clinked so I'm guessing someone opened it behind me. The second I turned around someone threw their arms around me and hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged them back as Dallas looked at us and shook his head. Ponyboy pulled away and looked over at Dallas with a pleading face. "Fine, just because it's her day," he said locking the car doors. Ponyboy leaned in and kissed me gently. I didn't care that Dallas was watching us. Once Ponyboy let go I saw a huge smile on his face as he looked me up and down. "Golly Kate you look absolutely beautiful today," he said blushing a little. I smiled and blushed as Dallas waved us over to the gate. Ponyboy took my hand as we walked to the house and the second I stepped in all the boys surrounded me. "Happy birthday Kate!" They all yelled as we all formed a big group hug. I was stuck in the middle, just laughing at the boys surrounding me. Then one by one, they left the group hug.