Switch on

I started this in November the night of the christmas light switch on in my town.

Barry loved thursdays.

Because on Thursdays Dr. Snow came over from STAR labs with results from veruous tests and to assist him on some cases.

Caitlin was the best part of Barrys week.

She was kind, beautiful, smart and funny she understood his jokes and they could debate for hours about theories like time travle.

Barry wore a smile as he walked into work on time. Today was Thursday.

When he got to his lab he tided his desk up and began going through a the filed Caitlin wouldn't arrive for another hour or so, so he had time to burn. STAR labs had better equipment then he did thst could get the job done faster and more efficient.

Caitlin would stay for a couple hours to help him out becuase she felt sorry for him- or that was the shared joke between them.

He was the only CSI working for CCPD and he had a lot on his plate and Caitlin felt sorry for him so she spoke to Dr. Wells and he agreeded to send one of his favourite members of staff to work for the CCPD on thursdays.

Caitlin had a degree in forensic science. She'd taken the subject simply becuase she wanted a break from molecular biology in her time table.

Barry had thought she was joking at first until he found out she actually took a core subject with lots of SAs just becuase she could.

Caitlin didn't talk much about her home life but he knew she was single and a work-aholic.

"Hey Barry" Caitlin said happily walking in with her breif case.

He glanced up at her and grinned back "hi"

They got to work and after a few hours Caitlin started yawning.

"Lunch break?" Barry suggested

She nodded "and coffee, lots and lots of coffee"

"You got it"

They went to the sandwich bar across the road and waited in line his eyes caught a poster on the notice boared.

He'd wanted to ask her out for a long time but the opportunity had never really presented its self and when it had he hadn't had the courage to follow through.

"are you goining to this?" He asked smoothly pointing to the poster for the christmas light switch on in the town center.

She shrugged "maybe, why? Are you?"

"It depeneds" he said smiling

"On what?" She asked

"On weather or not you'll go with me... on a date..." he trailed off "or as friends. Or not at all you don't have to agree" he said quickly

"Barry" she said in a soft voice and he didn't know what her tone ment "I'd love to..."

And there was a but coming.

"But I can't"

"Oh, okay... can I ask why?" He wanted to bang his head against the wall he didn't want to know why. But he did. But he didn't.

She bit her lip "...I was planning on taking my-" she cleared her throat "son"

"Son" Barry said suprised "I didn't know you had a son"

"I like to keep him out of my work" she admitted "ecspecailly our work considering how dangerous it can be... I don't want peolple to go after him"