no hesitation | p.k.

author ; @cuddlycentineo

You were happy, you had Peter and friends who you cherished; high school did not seem as bad anymore. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom quickly." You say standing up and giving Peter a quick peck before walking off. After doing your business; you came out of the cubicle, washing your hands in the sink when you head the bathroom door open. Without a glance at whoever entered you turned off the tap, finally looking up to see Gen behind you through the mirror. "Hey Y/n, looking...nice today" Gen says with obvious fakeness in her voice. "Hi Gen." You say rolling your eyes before turning around to face her. "I just wanted to thank you for being so understanding." Gen says, walking to the sink next to you; applying her lipstick. "Understanding of what?" You asked clearly confused on what she was talking about. "That Peter will be mine again soon, I mean you are only his rebound." She says casually, continuing to fix her makeup. "W-what?" You say, more like ask as her words hit you. You knew you shouldn't believe her and let her words get to you but this was Peter's ex we're talking about. You knew that his and Gen's Breakup affected for a while but was he still holding feelings for her? Your mind went wild, building the worst situations where Peter would leave you for Gen again without a single thought. "Yeah, I mean You knew that already right? After me, you were Peters second choice but obviously you're not good enough for him" Gen says almost viciously, her words like a knife. You stood there not knowing what to say as your heart and brain went haywire. "C'mon look at you, I mean I'm surprised you were even a second choice; but maybe you're just a charity case, who knows? Cause Someone Like Peter does not belong with someone like you." Gen continues now looking straight towards you, each word pushing a knife further and further through your heart. Her intense stare making you feel small, her words affecting you like a ton of bricks. "Well, now you know. Toodles" She finally said before walking and out of the bathroom; leaving you there by yourself. You let out a deep breath, your mind taking in all her words; before turning to face yourself through the mirror. Your eyes scanned yourself, eyes becoming watery as your stupid head believed Gen. You stood there for a while just looking at your own reflection, picking out all the flaws and thinking back to Gen's words. When suddenly a loud beep from your phone, interrupting your self-loathing session. You let out a breath before looking to see it was a text from the one and only Peter Kavinsky, your boyfriend or so you thought. 'Hey babe, you okay? You haven't come out yet' The text read, and as endearing as it would be any other day, today did not seem like it; but you decided to reply. ' Yeah, just not feeling that good. Don't wait up on me'.

From that day; which was a week ago, you had been ignoring Peter as much as you can; not answering his texts and calls, not sitting with him at lunch and trying to just avoid his whole existence. What made things worse was you actually saw him with Gen a lot these past few days, making you believe her words all over again. As the bell rang for the end of the day, you were relieved; you survived another day without anything blowing up. As you walk towards your locker you notice an unusually large amount of people around your locker. You make your way there pushing through the crowd until you're facing what they're seeing. There on your locker painted with the words 'Not good enough; Rebound' And as stupid as this prank or whatever it was, it actually hurt. The words glared back at you, taking you back to that day a week ago when you heard all these words but now you're seeing them. The people around you looking at you, some with their phones out probably snapchatting the whole situation but you could care less at this point. It was obvious to who had done this and of course you felt a whole lot of anger towards her but most of you felt humiliated, so without another glance you turned on your heels walking down the hallway tears making their way down your face. What you didn't see was Peter turning up to the scene confused as ever, seeing a bunch of students around your locker, Peter's eyes then scanned down the hallway until it landed on you, slouched and clearly wiping something off your face walking the opposite direction of your locker; so Peter went straight to the mass of people forcing his way through to see what had happened. Once his eyes landed on those four words, his mind had put everything together; from the cold shoulder from you to these words on your locker. Without another second passing Peter spoke up. "Alright listen up! If any of you think Y/n is just a rebound or not good enough, you're wrong. So if anybody wants to pull off a stunt like this again or call her not good enough again then I'm going to kick all of your asses" You hear Peters voice loud and clear, you stop for a bit but once you feel everyone's eyes shift to you, your pace speeds up wanting to just hide away in your bed. Eyes glued to the ground you didn't see Peter run up towards you. "Woah, Woah, hey, hey, hey."Peter says, all of a sudden in front of me blocking my path. You look up at him, looking at his face properly for the first time in days. "What do you want Peter?" You ask in a soft voice, obviously not angry at him but just wanting to get out of this situation as quickly as possible. "What do i want? Y/n did you not just hear what I said before? What I want is you" He replies, hands holding your face; wiping the stray tear off. You wanted so badly to believe him but your minds has been through so much these past few days that- "I love you Y/n Y/l/n" and that was the three words that made your whole world stop, the whole place went quiet; so quiet that you could only hear the loud thumps of your heart beating. "And you don't have to say it back, but I just-" He says but before your mind could process what you were doing; you cut him off. "I love you too Peter Kavinsky." Without another second to pass by, Peter brought his lips to yours. The kiss filled with so much love that we have to catch up on because of the last week. Slowly you pulled your lips from his but kept your forehead leant on his and the smile on his face made your whole world stop again.

an oldie from my old book😭