Chapter 39

Abbas

Zahrain had come a few weeks prior to the wedding, to spend some time with Zainab and to organise the event... with me.
It felt good working with her, I felt relaxed and light after a long time. It was nice to know that she hadn’t lost her charismatic nature after all these years.
Was I wrong to say that even after all this time; she unknowingly still held a special place in my heart?

The wedding had gone smoothly and Zainab left for Australia today.
I had a certain trust for Ibrahim to take care of her, knowing that he had certain family problems since his father only showed up for the Nikah and his mother was being pleasant for the sake of her son, I was sure they both could make things better.

And as I finally went into my study to sort out all the paperwork from the hospital, I saw a bright coloured envelope sitting on top of my laptop. A scented letter inside.

Dear Daddy Dearest,

I know I can never thank you enough for everything that you’ve done for me, but today I’m going to try.
22 years ago I was born; surrounded by the best people anyone could ask for...But the bestest of them all was you.
You picked me up, vowing to protect and love me and today you fulfil your promise as you hand me over to another man.

Despite the situation at the time,
you never failed to make me smile.
And though our meetings were rare, they are enough to last me a lifetime.

You spoilt me to no end; your love knows no bounds
But you taught me the lessons, when a problem was found.

Even though I was far away, you made it a habit to call everyday
Scaring all my worries away, fathering is definitely your forte.

And as I grew older, my tantrums got louder
No one else could turn my anger, so quickly into powder
(Ok that was a little off but the rhyming is still lit isn’t it? 😜)

Taking care of my every need, even if it’d make you bleed
That’s when I was sure; I got you in return for a good deed.

When I heard about your accident, fear ate me away
The thought of losing you, when I had yet so much to say.

Even when I did you wrong, you had my back all along
The only reason for which I am so strong.

I still feel horrible for doing what I did, so terrible
I had failed as a daughter, but you made my pain bearable.

You didn’t let our differences come in the way
You led me to the straight path even when I was astray.

How can I say I love you? When I feel so much more
Allah I thank you, for the father who lives in my heart’s core.

I am proud to be your daughter, you are a father like no other.

And as I leave you today, for a new home
I know I’ll miss you no matter where I roam.

Your blessings and teachings are instilled in me forever
Someone else to take your place, is it possible? Not now not ever!

Daddy, I know I’ve put you through so much and all I can give you is Dua, from the bottom of my heart, for it is the most powerful thing.
May Allah Bless you abundantly, may he make it easy for you in this Dunya and in the hereafter and may he reward you for being the greatest father. I pray you never have to face any troubles and your rewards keep increasing as you spread your goodness. 
Ameen

My gratitude and love for you are double infinity

With lots of Love, sour candy and a bucket of tears,

Zainab :)

After not letting my emotions get the better of me throughout the entire wedding, I broke down into a silent sob or two.
Zainab had never been the over-affectionate type but what she felt inside was a milestone better.

I later found out that Zainab had left a similar letter for Zahrain as well and it made my heart soar with happiness that my-our daughter is .... is .... I’m at loss of words to describe how amazing she is.

Heyy everyone!
Hope you liked the surprise chapter from Abbas' point of view

Love reading your comments by the way ❤😘