A stolen kiss...

He didn't like awards.  No that was not exactly correct.  He just hated the fan fare,  the meaning less chatter of people with their vacant smiles.

He moved to one side with his glass and took a sip. Atleast the wine was great..he thought with a quirk of his lips. 

He had no idea of the astounding figure he cut, a virile man with bold ticks against all the cliched boxes of tall, dark and handsome. A man so unique that people gravitated towards him for just a glimpse, a smile that proved that he wasn't curved out of the finest granite,  a touch that proved he was also human...

" Who is she? "
" Never seen her before.. Is she Can Divit's assistant? "
" Lucky girl.... " an unmistakable touch of jealousy in the voice..
Can heard all the voices but nothing registered. His eyes were fixed on a vision so etherial he wasn't sure how the others looked upon her without having to cover their eyes.. So bright,  so beautiful... So " Mine!! "  Can jerked to the present only just realizing that he had spoken out aloud.

Men looked upon her with hapless longing and the women with noxious envy.  He hated both reactions she so effortlessly elicited. He was an educated man who always prided himself for his control and worldliness. But he had zero control where this slip of a girl was concerned. She cut through all his defenses like a hot knife through butter. A dangerous weakness.  If he ever lost control... How much more could he endure??

" Can bey.. " She called out. Her eyes only on him.  It calmed the beast roaring inside him. She was his, only his. "Can you imagine me winning the award for the compass sport campaign!" she literally squealed with delight.  Her smile so infectious that he found himself answering her with a wide one of his own, " I knew you would. I never doubted you Sanem."  her eyes jerked to meet his.. "Maybe about somethings but never about this.  I never had any doubt that you were meant for bigger things in life!"  She smiled,  her previous smile somewhat dimmed but still radiant.
"Thank you" she murmured softly.

How did this happen always.  How did he always lose sense of time,  people around him when she was near him.. He shook his head to cut through the fugue..

" May I have this dance with you? "
" No! ....We are.. "
" Sure"
Had he heared her correctly?  Had Sanem just agreed to dance with a complete stranger?  He narrowed his eyes, anger palpable.
" Are you sure?  You don't know the man... "
" Its just a dance Can bey.  Will you please hold these for me? "
She placed the award on a chair nearby and slowly removed her wrap.
Can's breath caught in his throat. It was a strapless dress of the finest silk that almost mimicked a lover's touch. It was scandalous without being obvious. It titillated and arousesd one's senses with what little it covered. But it simply drove Can crazy. He saw red and not in a good way.

" Young lady if you are dancing with anyone tonight in that sorry excuse of a dress.... Its me! " his smile was all teeth. But it didn't have the desired effect on Sanem. She smiled a monalisa smile and whispered "Tamam Can bey.. "

They walked to the dance floor a striking couple.  Can placed his hand on her waist and drew her body flush against his and immediately realised just how much in trouble he was.  Her scent invaded his every pore and curled around all his senses. He moved with her body held against his and felt the last vestiges of his control shatter. He lowered his head towards her vulnerable neck and inhaled sharply. Goosebumps broke out throughout her body... "Ahh she was as affected as he" the thought caused him a sharp pleasure. He grazed his lips and then slowly swirled his tongue on that incessant beat at the base of her neck. She shuddered and moaned softly.  That sound almost killed him and he wanted nothing more than to stop right there and take her on that dance floor...

Sanem was mindless and almost in a delirium. She closed her eyes and gave in to the needs of her body.  She moved and swayed with no control on her movements. Had Can not had his arms wrapped tightly around her,  she would have collapsed in a puddle long back.  She felt his hard body pressed against her softer ones and wondered at the marvel of their connection. 

Soon the music ended and they reluctantly moved apart. " I need a drink" Sanem said breathlessly. "Water? " Can queried.
" Yes... "
" Come with me" Can almost dragged her away from the dance floor. He turned a corner and suddenly pulled Sanem towards him and pinned her against the wall. " Why are you doing this? " Can sounded hoarse. He looked almost angry.
"What is wrong Can bey" Sanem asked bewildered.
"This.. " and he slamed his mouth against hers.  He kissed her like a man perched. He drank her in. His hands trembled when they touched her,  shaping her, moulding her as if trying to memorize every curve, every pleasure point.
Sanem kissed Can back with all the love that she felt for him.  She kissed him with her whole body.  Her fingers entwined in his gorgeous hair. She revelled in his loss of control and gloried in the fact that she caused him to lose it..
" Is the washroom that way... "  footsteps coming their way caused Can to jerk away from Sanem with an oath . He ran his fingers through his hair that has already come loose. He took hold of Sanem and carried her to a secluded area..
" I am.. "
" Please don't say you are sorry Can. We both know it's a lie!"
Sanem looked at Can with eyes that begged for his understanding.
" We are not just friends, and will never be just friends..." Sanen continued a little desperately.
" Say something please...." Sanem implored Can with eyes nearly brimming with tears.
Can pulled her close and gently cupped her face...
" No we are not just friends and never will be... just friends. .. " he managed before continuing what had just been interrupted a few minutes back...

The End...