Chapter 4

Here's the fourth chapter, I hope you like it

The next day.....

Kol's pov

I was heading to the court center by the palace where everyone was heading to pay their taxes to make up for the robbery that happened the other night.

I arrived and got in line, each person placed a coin on the tray that Malachai Parker was holding. I stepped up after the person who was in front of me and pulled out a not so small bag and I opened it and tipped it upside down and poured a load of coins on to the tray which gained everyone's attention especially King Lucien and Tristan De Martel who were stood a few feet away grinning as they saw how much money I put on the tray.

I gave Malachai a fake smile before walking away and I was stopped when Davina appeared. "Kol, hi how are you doing?" she asks with a small smile on her face "I'm good" I say without much emotion even though I really want to smile and pull her to me "I came by your castle to see you. I wanted to talk to you" she said "good to know" I reply she frowns. "Why are you making this hard?" she asks "do you expect me to make this easy? You said you would wait for me" I reply "I thought you were dead, we all did" she replies with a sad look in her eyes and we just stand there looking at each other.

"Mommy!" our daughter yells running over to her. "Hi baby" Davina says as the little girl stands next to her. "Hello" she says looking up at me with a sweet smile and my heart melts "you're my daddy, aren't you?" she says and I look behind them as I see Vincent appear and he starts coughing to get my attention.

"Daddy?" my daughter says "I uh have to go" I say moving round them and walking away "did I say something wrong?" I hear her ask Davina "no baby you said nothing wrong" Davina responds "does he not like me mommy?" I hear her ask making my heart drop. "Of course he likes you. He's just got a lot going on right now" Davina replies and I sigh as I walk over to Vincent who gives me a sad smile. 

"I can't believe I just walked away from them like that especially my daughter" I say once we're outside the court center. "I know it wasn't easy for you to do that Kol but it was the right thing. Remember, you're doing this to keep them safe" he replies "I know but it's just so hard keeping away from them. I've just met my daughter face to face for the first time and I don't even know her name" I respond "you will know soon and you will soon have them both back but first we have work to do" Vincent replies "you have another raid to do tonight" he adds as we get on our horses and ride away from the court center.

We arrive at my castle and I get myself ready for my next raid where I'm going to steal the money that the people handed in earlier.

I put my jacket on and I put my hood up and I place my bow on my back and I grab a bunch of arrows and slot them in the arrow hamper on my back. Vincent hands me a bowl of broth "eat up before you go. You need the energy" he says I sit down and start eating the broth he gave me.

A few hours later

I leave the castle and get on my horse, riding away to the destination of my next raid.

I did my first raid at night the other day which made it easier for me to hid and blend in seeing as everything I'm wearing is black.

I arrive at the destination and I sit and wait to make my move.

After 30 minutes of waiting  I get up and quietly head over to the building where the money is being counted by father Kieran and a few other people.

I pull a scarf up so it covers my mouth and nose right before I kick the door open and start shooting arrows at the guards that are in there.