Chapter 18.

Ethan's pov.

I felt terrible. I didn't even get to explain. I didn't get to explain that Kristina just came here to apologize, but it seemed like something else.

I've been calling her and texting her, but she refuses to respond. I decided to go to her. I grab my keys telling Grayson I'm going to Emma's place. "What if she's not home?" Grayson asks.

He was right. What if she wasn't home.

I open the app "Find My Friends". Stalker, I know. I click on Emma's name, and see that she's at Philz Coffee. Duh. I quickly get into my car, driving towards Philz. I just have to be calm and explain everything nicely to her.

I soon find a parking spot and hop out of my car. I walk over to the door and I see Emma through the window.

But she's not alone. She's with another guy. I cant see his face. Who the hell is that guy.

Stop overthinking it Ethan. He's probably just a friend.

Ya he's just a friend, I think to myself.

Or that's what I thought, until he starts leaning in.

And kissed, Emma. He kissed Emma. MY Emma. He kissed her.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I storm off, not caring whether she saw me or not.

She got mad that some crazy bitch popped up to my house so she went out and got with a whole other guy? When we were still together?

I drive off, back home, furiously steering the wheel. I should've known all along. Did I really think she liked me? How could I be so dumb. I should've known. Gosh I'm so stupid!

Emma's pov.

"Emma, I've been wanting to tell you something for a long time." Derek says scratching the back of his head. "What?" I ask taking a sip of my coffee. "I think it'd be better if I showed you..." He slowly leaned in, kissing my lips. My eyes quickly widen, realizing what's he's done. I push him off of me, wiping my lips. "Why did you do that?" I raise my voice.

"Emma, I've liked you for a while now. Can't you see it?" He says brushing my hand. I quickly yank it away, grabbing my bag and coffee and walking out of the coffee place. "Emma, please," He says running after me. "Derek. Leave. Me. Alone." I get into my car, not being able to stay there a second longer. First Ethan, and now him? Can you fucking believe boys.

Because I sure as hell, can't.