Delayed Awakening - Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Brody let out a loud roar as his transformation completed. His slim muscular body had bulked up 3 times as much, his hair grew wild, and changed from black to brown, then to the white that his skin had changed to. His eyes were bright blue and he was hungry for blood. The vampire in him had taken over and Brody was over powered. Brody fought with his other self and it was havoc. Brody struggled, trying his hardest to break through.

Brody rammed into the wall and caused the layer of paint crack and crumble along with the crushed bricks in the hole that he made. He backed away from the wall and swung his arm and the things on Hannah's table crashed, defeated on to the floor. He took a step towards Hannah with his mouth wide open ready to bite, when his human self stopped him. Brody stepped back, let out another roar and he punched his fists into the floor.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Catherine heard the first roar and was not sure of what it was. Out of curiousness she climbed the stairs back to Hannah's room. At the top of the steps she heard the second roar. She knew that sound. It was the sound of an angry vampire.

Catherine rushed to her daughter's room and slammed the door open. She walked in and grabbed his collar with unreal strength and slapped him hard in the face. When he did not change back, she slapped him again. And again. And again.

Brody eventually changed back and Catherine slapped him one last time then dropped him on the floor.

"That slap was for getting angry with my little girl and scaring her so bad." Catherine spat. She went over to Hannah and put her arms around her protectively. Catherine hugged Hannah, trying to bring her out of shock. Hannah sat there very still. She stared at her fallen and exhausted boyfriend. Her hands started to tremble. Her whole body started to shake. She gripped on to her mother and buried her face, crying, in Catherine's chest.

Brody lay on the floor, his breathing slow and uneven. His eyes opened slightly and then closed again. He knew he just had an outburst. He knew he had frightened Hannah, maybe so much that she would not want to be with him anymore. She had not known much about vampires, and this was not a good introduction. He was relieved that Hannah's mother had somehow managed to snap him out of it.

Later, when I get home, I'm going to do some more training. I need to do that for her. That's all I can do right now. I doubt she'd even want me close to her. Damn it! At times like this I really hate being a vampire!!! Normal anger is bad enough! Being a vampire and being angry at the same time is a complete disaster! Thank goodness I did not hurt her. If I did, I would not be able to forgive myself. Brody thought.

Brody heard Hannah crying and wanted to go to her, put his arms around her and say he was sorry, but he knew that Hannah's mother would not let that happen even if Hannah said yes to it. Not after what just occurred.

Hannah's crying stopped and she slowly brought her face round to face Brody. Hannah tried to say something, but no sound came out. She tried again.

"Is he alright?" she croaked.

"Yes. He should be, unless he's a very weak vampire which I doubt he is." Catherine replied.

Brody opened his eyes and sat up. He saw Hannah jump, and felt like crying. He could not stand to see the girl he loved feel so scared of him, like he was an evil monster. He stood up and backed away to the window. He swung his legs over and readied for his jump. Just before jumping, tears started to streak down his face.

"I'm sorry." He said, with his voice shaking though he tried to cover it up. Hannah reached out her hand towards him, but it was too late. He leaped off the ledge and skidded down the trunk of the tree.

Hannah took her hand back and stared sadly out the window. She was afraid that he thought she hated him now, and did not want him around her. She started to cry again. She knew that it was wrong to anger him, but she did anyway, and that resulted in this. She hated herself. She hated the fact that she was always so ignorant and arrogant. She stopped crying as she realised something that she should have realised earlier.

How did mum manage to stop him? And how did she know he was a vampire??

"Mum. How... how did you manage to stop Brody? And how did you know he's a vampire??" She asked looking directly into her mother's eyes. Her mother's eyes showed signs of weariness and age. Her face suddenly sagged from worry. Catherine sighed and put her hand on Hannah's shoulder.

"There's something that I've been thinking of doing when you were old enough. I was thinking of telling you after you've turned 16, but I suppose telling you now wouldn't be too early." Or would it? "I am a vampire, and your father was a werewolf."