Chapter 1

So if the skin turns into dust because it's dead skin cells, and when humans breathe in they are actually breathing in a mix of oxygen and carbon dioxide and dust...does that mean we're actually snorting dead people???

Maybe if you breath in through your nose, are you smelling someone else's old skin?

I was suddenly smacked out of my brain, literally. Well not literally.

My extremely rude boss hit me over the head with a fly swatter after noticing I've been staring at my uniform for awhile.

"(y/n), hurry the hell up and change! I ain't paying you to stand around and daydream!!" I slightly cringe at the sound of his rough voice.

"oh, wouldn't that be nice? Just telling people your daydreams then getting paid for every dream you tell them." I said sarcastically.

Once again, he hit me over the head.

"ow! Alright alright! Geez...If you weren't my boss I would have sent you to the hospital already..." I mutter quietly while rubbing the back of my head.

"what was that?!" My boss looked at me and gave me the stink eye.

I forced that employee of the month smile on my face and turned to the boss.

"nothing SIR! I was on my way to the restroom, can't keep customers waiting. I'm sure you're special of the day will be a hit today as well!" He nodded once before leaving the backroom.

That big toothy smile fell right after he left and I sighed in exhaustion.

Who knew smiling hurt so much.

I grabbed the egg yolk yellow dress with puffy sleeves and a small white apron from my crappy work locker then went into the employee restroom.

Ever since I started working at the Diner, I've always dreaded wearing the uniform. In fact, the only reason I even stand the thing and my ill-mannered boss is for money. Sure most workers at diners don't get paid well but seeing as how the town we live in is small and there are only 3 restaurants, we get a lot of people. Not only humans but monsters as well.

About 3 months ago, the news was spreading that a child released the monsters from the mountain. 3 months and a day ago the legend of Mount.Ebott was just that..a Legend. Everyone was surprised to see something new yet somewhat terrifying.

So many different types of monsters, both big and small, shy and expressive.
The first to leave the mountain was the child and the king. A small group after them, and after making sure it was safe, the rest slowly followed. I can remember that day so clearly. Thanks to the events that happened that morning, I was able to score a B+ and pass a class of mine early.

It was 7 in the morning and I was riding my bike to school when I got an email saying school was canceled for the day. The email began explaining the arrival of monsters and how it would be best to stay inside for now until they know more "details" on this surprising event.

Of course, that didn't stop half the town from going to this "surprising event".

I, on the other hand, actually stayed home to work on papers. They were due that day and I haven't even finished so I took this as an advantage.

I did watch everything on the news though.

For some reason they made a child an ambassador, I guess it's not that surprising seeing as how monsters just escaped from their "magical prison", though I never got to see the child's face.

Soon after, some townspeople helped make a community for the monsters, like building more houses for the monsters.

Some people even helped build stores so monsters can start a business. One of the most popular places is another restaurant called Grillby's.