Chapter 2: Bon apple teet

Rae slipped in and out of consciousness, the branch beneath her causing her discomfort

Rae slipped in and out of consciousness, the branch beneath her causing her discomfort. The rope around her kept her from falling into the gathering walkers beneath her. With her supplies gone her luck seemed to be running thin. A snap of a twig and a growl below her caused her to blink awake. Looking down, a walker gazed up at her hungrily. It's was a woman, who probably once had a home job and a family to keep her life meaningful, but Ria never liked to think about that shit. 

The flesh fell loosely off its bones, long blonde hair,  like thin wire holding on for dear life. The walker was no threat to her for now, but when she got down it may pose a threat, also it's groaning had a habit of luring more walkers her way.  The walker had to be living with a family meaning there are more nearby. Children even. Ria shook her thoughts away looking down at the turned woman and the others looming around. She didn't untie herself as she reached for a branch above her slightly. With a loud crack it snapped. She gripped it tightly before aligning it with the top of the woman's skull. Skulls were hard and she needed a lot of force to break through it, walker or not. She stabbed downwards, looking away as the crack of bone and the squelch of brains caused her to gag. Unsure of the time, the sun hidden behind the canopy, she decided it was time to move on. The rest of the walkers fell brain dead as she stabbed through them and she untied herself. She reached for her bag before realizing it wasn't there,

"Fucking Dixons" she muttered under her breath as she leapt from her perch. Leaving a loud crumple sound from underneath her and she cringed. She preferred it on the roads. You naturally made less noise and  could see what was coming from all angles.

Unfortunately the forest was her only option for safety from her own kind. A few men whom she had known from a gang which hated her father had spotted her along the main road to the city. Armed with heavy weaponry they cursed after her and she bolted back into the woods. She wasn't as tough then, she didn't have the bravery to keep going, she hid behind a fallen tree hoping they would leave. She was wrong as strong hands grabbed her shoulders. One of the men lifted her from her sanctuary throwing her to the ground. She lunged at him which he didn't expect. He hit the ground dropping his gun and reached for the knife in his pocket. Panicking Rae kicked him before reaching for a rock. She could hear the other men in the distance and fear took over. The man tried to scream and Rae slammed the rock down as hard as she could on top of him.
And again
And again
And again

Flashes of Tessa flickering in her mind with each hit. Was it easier or harder to kill a living stranger over a monster you loved?

Blood splattered over her cameo jacket and over her panicked face. Delirious she got up and wandered away from the calls of the men, losing them to the sound of starting rain.

That was her first kill, first real kill. Now she didn't think twice about it. It had only been three weeks and already she has lost all her morality. "Morals get you killed" she muttered trudging through the think bush.
"Damn straight" she spun heart pounding before she was hit. The hit sent her to the ground her head spinning. Even with the loss of clarity she scrambled to her feet trying to get her eyes to focus on the attacker. She stumbled back slightly, a male figure blurred in front of her. She felt  rough of bark against her back as she was pushed against a tree roughly. Her eyes focused on Merle Dixon's sick smirk dangerously close to her face. She tried to push away but failed. A twig snapped and through the trees Daryl Dixon emerged with her backpack on his shoulder and crossbow ready to shoot her if necessary.

She wanted to feel scared or angry as she knew she should but she just laughed in Merle's face, blood trickling from her nose.
"Don't you guys have anything better to do then follow me around?" she asks cockily, looking from Merle to Daryl who gave her a dirty look.

"You really think we was just gonna let you get away with that?" Meryl gestures in the direction cabin deep in the woods.

"I was hoping" she groans, "so what now?" She queried the older man. "You gonna kill me?'' She looked to the crossbow. "Go ahead, I've got nothing better to do" she said bravely, hoping they would make it quick.

"Nah" he pushed away from her looking her up and down till his eyes spotted the rope around her waist. "You're comin with us."

"What?" Ria said in sync with the youngest Dixon brother as Merle aggressively uncoiled the rope from around her waist.

"Would be a waste to let you get ripped to shreds, not with that body." He smirked at her disgusted expression, "Also you might be useful"  he unknotted the thick rope.

"Doubtful"  Daryl muttered from the sidelines.

Ria ignored him and continued, "and if I say no?" She stood tall, which in reality was only just above the brother's shoulders.
Merle didn't answer as he moved towards her, flicking the rope over her head. "Then Daryl will shoot you where it hurts and we will leave ya to die" he pulled the rope tight so it wrapped around Ria's arms and torso. She didn't dare fight as Daryl's crossbow hadn't yet left her eyeline. "Be thankful" he said as he finished the final knot, "you'd probably be dead without us, we just saved yer life," He stopped, "which Delgado are you again? there's so many of ya, impossible to rememba all your names."

"Rhiannon" she seethed.

"Well be grateful, we just saved yer life Rhiannon."

"Charmed" she groaned as she was pushed along, upper torso completely immovable. "Did you do scouts or somethin cause these knots are tight" Rae shifted uncomfortably, now with no sight of either Dixon. Only Merle's constant shoving proved they were still, unfortunately there. "Or did you just get good from all the other people you've kidnapped" Ria continued when she gets no reply.

:Never any as pretty as you" Merle laughed a little.

"lovely" she spat slightly. "Where are we going?" She asked further.

"Does she shut up?" further behind, Daryl asked his brother who ignored him.

"I'm not going to make this comfortable for you Dixon" she sneered.

"Findin a place to camp for tha night" he humored her pushing her again roughly. Ria paused, confused by what she thought was the time.

"What's the time?" She asked.

"I dont know! I don't gotta watch" Merle growled impatiently and shoved more aggressively forcing her to speed up.

"bout 10" Daryl's voice answers.

"How'd you know?" Rae questioned again getting on Merle's last nerve as he gripped Rae's restraints, pulling them tighter, choking her body. She hissed and he released allowing her to breath.

"Scouts." Daryl responds after a while.

Suddenly Ria was pulled back roughly. Merle disappeared from behind her and she fell on her ass.  "We camp here tonight" Merle commanded shortly. He pulled his brother forcefully by the bag, pulling out a lighter and one of Ria's cans of beans. "Grabs some twigs and shit" he bossed and Daryl disappeared into the trees for a few minutes crossbow loaded at his side . Rhiannon watched his figure fade away before the hiss of a can opening caught her senses. She watched as Meryl ripped back the tin top layer off with his dirt and blood covered fingers before throwing the lid aside. Seconds later Daryl appeared silently and dumped a large pile of firewood in the middle of the small open space. He turned back to the bags he had left behind, pushing them away from the tree they were leaning on, before sitting back against it. He distanced himself from the fire and his brother as Merle flicked the lighter impatiently. With a final grunt a light sparked, he held the light to a leaf in the pile, coaxing the growing flames with a loose twig. Ria watched the flames grow with odd comfort. Once done Merle throw the twig in the heap and raised the can. He shifted his foot to kick the girl beside him. Her starry eyes glared upwards at him and he tilted the tin towards her and then his brother, who merely gave him a exasperated look. He tilts it to Ria one last time before placing it within the flames.
'Bon apple teet'