Tricks Are For Kids (2)

It's been a few days since school started and its been fairly normal. I've been wanting to let Dmitri meet my other friends at lunch, but he always runs off to God knows where. I sat down at the lunch table and say a small hi to Ash and Darius. "Where's your friend that you've been talking an awfully lot about?" I sighed and picked at my sandwich.

"I'm not sure. He always runs off during lunch like the building is on fire." I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"Hey Riel, I need your help with something." I frowned and looked up to see Dmitri.

"What's wrong?" He looked around quickly.

"There's no time to explain, just meet me at locker 327." He bounted off and I just kind of sat there for a moment.

"Was that..."

"Yeah. I'll be right back..." I walked out of the lunchroom and carefully made my way to the locker. Once I got there, he was standing up against the lockers with a lock pick in his hand.

"Do you know how to use this?" I frowned.

"Yeah, why?" He threw it at me and I caught it expertly.

"Well, I don't so..." He motioned to the locker.

"I'm not breaking into someone's locker." He chuckled.

"Trust me, it's nothing too bad, plus they deserve it." I frowned and just began unlocking it.

"If I get in trouble for this, I'm throwing you under the bus..." I muttered to myself. As soon as I got it open I realised in horror, whose locker this was. "I swear to God Dmitri. You can't be serious..."

"Yes, I just made you lock pick Frederick Soyer's locker." He brandished a can of glitter and string. "This dick called me a fag so, he's getting what he deserves." He began setting up the trap as I watched in horror.

"If he finds out you-"

"He'll beat me up? You underestimate me Riel. Don't let anyone tell you you're just a pretty face." He carefully closed the locker and dragged me back to the lunchroom. "Now we wait."

"You're insane."

"Nah, just smart." We sat down at the table and both Darius and Ash looked at me worriedly. Ash's gaze drifts to Dmitri.

"What'd you do to him? I swear if you-"

"Ash, I'm fine." I interrupted.

"I set up a glitter bomb in Frederick's locker." I just shook my head.

"Yeah, go ahead and announce it to the entire world why don't ya..." He chuckled.

"Like I said, he deserves it." Darius had paled and Ash looked like she either wanted to hug Dmitri or slap him. I just sighed.

"Dmitri, this is Ash and Darius. Ash and Darius, this is Dmitri."

"I'm gay and he's not." She replied shrugging. Dmitri smirked.

"I'm pan." They high fixed and both me and Darius just shook our heads. "Do you think we should go watch?"

"Maybe..." She had a stupid grin on her face and I already knew her mind was made up. "Lunch is ending soon, so we better hurry up." I sighed and put the rest of my lunch back into my lunch box. As I was standing up, Dmitri held a lollipop in my face.

"Here." I took it and muttered a small thanks. As we were rounding the corner to the lockers, I unwrapped the lollipop and put it in my mouth. We stopped at a corner and began faking a conversation as Frederick and his gang walked past. As soon as he passed Dmitri turned to me. "You're pretty good at this."

"This isn't the first time I've had to avoid them."

"What happened?" I chuckled a bit.

"Sorry, you need to get to friend level 4 to unlock my tragic back story." He opened his mouth to say something, but Ash interrupted him.

"Guys!" We turned our attention to Frederick who was making his way to his locker. Dmitri took out another lollipop and put it into his mouth, smirking. As soon as the locker was open, Dmitri rounded the corner and leaned up against a locker. Ash tried to get him back to the safest spot, but he downright refused. We all watched as the glitter exploded all over Frederick and Dimitri's smirk grew into a grin.

"Looks like you're feeling pretty gay there Frederick." I ran over to him and clamped my hand over his mouth to stop him from saying anything else. I laughed nervously as he approached us.

"Don't worry about him, he's just a little snarky..." Dmitri licked my hand and I pulled away quickly in disgust. "What was that for?!" He ignored me and squared up to Frederick.

"You did this didn't you?" Dmitri frowned.

"Now, why would you think that? Because it really wasn't me." Frederick growled and swung at Dmitri. He quickly ducked down and grabbed his wrist and flipped him onto his back. "Weren't expecting that were you?" Frederick opened his mouth to say something, but a booming voice interrupted him.

"Foster and Soyer! My office now!" We all turned to see Principal Naomi standing at the end of the hallway. Dmitri raised his hands in surrender and gave me a small wink as he walked towards her. Ash and Darius walked up to me.

"Damn... He managed to put him in his place." Ash punched my arm, painfully. "He passed!" I groan.

"Ash, would you stop going on about that. I'm not gay."

"My gay-dar says otherwise." I roll my eyes, but my attention is turned to Dmitri who's looking at me and I blush. He smiles warmly before following Naomi to her office. "Gabriel!"

"What?" I turn to her and she sighed.

"Man, I swear..." She started walking off and I frowned.

"Wait, Ash!"