Drabble #11 with Nishinoya Yuu

Anonymous asked: Ahh if you're still taking them then for the drabble thing how about 66. "How could I ever forget about you?" for Noya? I love my smol libero so much ;;

Ahhh Noya one of my many favorite sons! Thanks for asking!!! -Admin Satori <3

Nishinoya Yuu: Drabble #66 "How could I ever forget about you?"

The cheering stands were deafening. You were sure you wouldn't be able to hear anything right for the next few months. The chants of Shiratorizawa's school cheer squad drowned out the few spectators that had shown up to support Karasuno, but that wasn't a matter to worry about for your boyfriend, Nishinoya. He was excited to receive the famed Ushiwaka's left handed spikes. He was excited to take on this new challenge.

You were terrified. There were cameras filming in every direction of what was about to go down on the court, taking note of every single move made by each individual player on and off the court. Nishinoya wasn't exactly someone to overlook so easily, even at his short height. The idea of someone noticing him frightened you, not because you wanted to be the only one to notice him, but because you knew he'd go with it without much thought; He'd leave you behind without realizing it.

The lineup was about to begin, each team lining up in the hallways under the stands so they could jog across the court at the sound of their name in the introduction. Nishinoya was pumped to say the least, and you knew you should probably get up to the stands to get your seat next to Yachi and Saeko, but you didn't want to leave him. You didn't want him to leave you in the dust. He was progressing so quickly, getting stronger and faster every day. How could you not be scared of losing him?

As Shiratorizawa's team was being called out one by one, you grabbed onto Nishinoya's jersey and tugged to get his attention, feeling your heart jump into your throat when his sharp golden eyes looked over at you curiously, "Yuu..." You started off, "Don't lose focus alright? It's just another team... Don't think too far ahead of yourself." You advised quickly, remembering that your time was short with him, you had to get your thoughts out in the open now or you'd lose the chance.

He smiled widely and gave you a thumbs up, "Of course, babe. I'll keep that in mind!" He assured, "Just be sure you cheer for me, okay? Your cheers get me so hyped to be stronger and quicker than our opponent." He stated seriously, reaching down to your hand on his jersey and holding it between both of his. You remembered a few days ago when you had to tend to his sore and very red forearms from his game, how he hadn't winced or whined once, how he was proud of the pain since that meant he'd worked extra hard for you.

"Yuu..." You whispered, your voice being drowned out in the cheers as the ending of Shiratorizawa's team introductions rounded up. You were running out of time.

Nishinoya raised an eyebrow at you curiously, he hadn't heard you call his name but he'd seen it. He knew there was something bothering you, "What's wrong, ____?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing, missing the moment to cheer for his best friend Asahi as he was called onto the court.

You wrapped your arms around him then, holding him close, taking him by surprise at how emotional this hug was. You pressed your lips to his ear, "Don't forget about me with all those cameras and sponsors eyes on you, okay?" You whispered, feeling his skin heat up under his jersey at not only your kiss and hug but at the raw worry eating at you.

He wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly, "How could I ever forget about you? You're all I think about with every beat of my heart. Not even volleyball could distract me from you." He assured before pressing a kiss to your own ear and pulling away, "Now, I wanna hear your voice over everyone else in this gym, okay?" He smiled widely, walking backwards towards the opening of the gym from the hallway.

You hastily wiped away any signs of tears that had accumulated at his words and nodded, "I love you, Yuu!" You called, and he blushed almost violently with the most brilliant smile on his face as he said it back to you just before his name was called for the lineup, your confession of love making him all the more hype to make you proud.