A Girl

On my street, there lived a girl. She lived all by herself, so she must have been awfully lonely. I saw her sometimes, putting her bins out or leaving her house. She seemed very nice, but I never spoke to her. I'm too shy.

Mummy says that I shouldn't stick my nose in other people's businesses, but I think that's unfair, 'coz I don't! I just thought that the girl at number 7 might be lonely.

Mummy said she'll be fine. I wasn't so sure.

Then, one day, some nee-naws came down our street and stopped outside number 7. I said that I thought they were too old to play policemen, but Mummy just told me to be quiet. So I did.

The girl from number 7 was dragged out of her house and shoved in the car. I asked if she had done something wrong, but Mummy told me to mind my own business. I thought that was funny since she was the one watching from the front door. She told me to go to my room.

I sat and drew pictures of the girl from number 7. She was very pretty, and I decided to give them to her when she came back, but I didn't know her name. I couldn't ask Mummy 'coz she was mad, so I put them in my book.

I found them the other day and asked Mummy about them. She says that the nice girl from number 7 got sent back to where she came from. I went around and knocked on the door on my way to the park later, but there was no answer.

And I never saw the girl from number 7 again.