Part 2: The First Half of the 2017-18 Season

Flash forward to a year later, Auston and I ended it a while ago and I am now dating the first round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers, Nolan Patrick. We started dating just before the 2017 draft and he is quite the unique individual. It was great to go to the draft with one of the players; definitely a different perspective.

Clayton Keller and I haven't stopped talking and actually crossed paths a few times over the summer. We went out a few times and I had a blast every single time. We continue to get closer as time goes on and he has become my best friend and I have found myself staying up late just to talk to him. It doesn't help that he lives in a time zone that's 2-3 hours behind mine. He got drafted a year ago to the Arizona Coyotes and I couldn't help but follow some of his teammates on social media and I was really considering following him and the team this season. It's kind of incredible that we wouldn't have even known each other without Auston Matthews and we have kept in touch for two years.

I actually found myself at his game on the 12th with my family as part of our vacation in Arizona. We got cheap tickets too and really good seats, all because I was friends with a player. The game itself was great, I mean, they are yet to win a game but Clayton scored twice and I really enjoyed watching the team. After the game, I met up with him and we ended up going out to Preston's with Fischer, Strome, Crouse, Chychrun and Dvorak. That was a blast! I ended up making 5 new friends in the process and I actually kind of felt like part of the team, at least the young core.

October 14 2017, the Flyers home opener of the 2017-18 NHL season. After winning 5-3 in their first game, they look to continue their impressive play, and they did. I never thought that I would be at the Flyers home opener in a Nolan Patrick Flyers jersey. So much for hating them for what they used to be I suppose. I cheered when they called Nolan's name but I didn't really know anyone else on the team all that well. They ended up winning 8-2 and I honestly couldn't be happier for Nolan to get some wins under his belt.

What happened in the coming weeks I never saw coming.