21%

D A N I E L

It had been almost two weeks since I fell on my face at soccer. Mj and I haven't tried to fix what happened. Jack told me to lay off and that she just didn't want a relationship. She's back to her happy self and as far as she's concerned I'm just the same.

Truth is I put on that stupid fake smile when I get into school. Although I've only known her for about a month and a half she still means a lot to me.

Rolling out of bed, I started to get ready for today. It was Friday and we had a game today. It was an important one. This was the last game before we have the chance to qualify for state. We were undefeated at this point.

Throwing on my soccer shorts and my jersey I headed down. My mom and dad worked early so they never treated me in the morning. I would rather see them more after school then never at all thought.

The senior parking lot was almost full when I pulled in. Usually kids skipped or came in late but today was a pep rally. Yes I know, so fun.

They did this every year for the soccer team and football team. If we had a shot at making state then the school wanted to get everybody excited. It wasn't that hard when you basically gave them a free day as long as they acted like they were into the sport.

I got a few high fives as I made my way to home room. People at this school needed to let loose and stop acting like I'm a king. Yes I know that sounded conceited but I truly did hate it. My anxiety flared up once I joined the soccer team freshman year. It's been easy to keep down or control it but with pressure of everyone keeping an eye on me and being in half of the spotlight during practice, it wasn't going to well.

I can't imagine how mj feels. She looks like this social butterfly who doesn't care. When her and I still hung out, she had told me about how she always worried she'd let down the team, or if people talked behind her back, trying to start rumors of her sleeping with the team. She had only heard that one once but had shut it down quickly.

My eyes caught her crystal blue ones as she walked briskly through the crowded hallway. Her head hung low as she tried to avoid everyone's eyes. People who had gone to games knew she was an amazing player and supported her but others thought she was some soccer slut. It disgusts me how people can judge someone so quickly.

I pulled my eyes away from her as jack walked up to my locker. "Hey man" he stopped beside me as I put my stuff into my bag. "Coach wants us in the locker room for the first couple periods before the rally. I know you got a lot going on right now and I uh didn't know If you saw the group text."

"Thanks bro. I'll be there" with that he walked towards mjs locker. I tried not to let jealousy flood into my mind but I couldn't control it. Now i wasn't jealous of the fact that he was trying to steal her because clearly he wasn't. I was jealous of the fact that he still got to talk to her.

I closed my locker and made my way into the locker room, hearing jack and mj behind me laughing at something he had said. Her laughs filled my ears as happiness and a longing for her to be with me again filled my body. God I messed up.

Filler filler filler. Words words words. I hope you had or have a good day. I tripped in a puddle while walking to the bus but itS OK IT WAS FUN ANYWAYYYY.