Infiltrator

Sky's P.O.V.

The incident happened over two weeks ago and yet I still feel like my pack fears me. Practice resumed as normal. Over the next days, there was no attacks and, for the most part, everyone pretended like it never happened. I practiced bright and early with Claire, went to school and and practiced again with the rest if the pack but I felt uneasy.

I felt like the trust that they all had in me was slowly becoming fear. Havana promises me that I'm only paranoid and that they all love me but I can't shake the uneasy feeling that plagues my thoughts daily.

After a hard week of practicing, I promised them a break which they were all grateful for. I walk through the pack house watching everyone either play or chat with one another. They have gotten stronger, not just physically. Their pack link has grown since they've been working with and relying on each other, regardless if it was a runt or a beta.

I walk outside and head for my house, the faint sound of children laughter echoing throughout the narrow streets. Once I get there, I quickly throw on some running shorts and a white cut-off and my running shoes. I grab my iPod and head towards the path in the back of my house.

Pierce the Veil drowns out all other sounds as I start with a slow jog. The strong scent of fresh earth all around me makes my wolf feel at home. My pace picks up the farther I get.

At this point I have no idea where I'm going, my feet are taking me to a place that's foreign to my mind. The uneasy feeling still never leaving my sense as I try my hardest to push it away with every inch I move.

After taking in my surroundings, I realize that I'm running the border of the pack and everyone seems to be doing what's required of them. Barron sees me and gives a little wolfs grin before he gets back to his post. My wolf begs to come out but I want control for the night. I just need to know that everyone is okay and my wolf, quite frankly, scares them.

'Thanks.' She mumbles after a low growl and I chuckle.

In the corner of my eyes I notice a slight rustle in the bush a few feet away from me, then the scent hits me and I lunge myself at whosever in the bush. They obviously don't see or feel me coming, so when I land on their back and lock my arms around their neck, saying that they were shocked is a total understatement.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please just let me go!" He whines as my grip gets tighter.

"Why are you here, rouge?" I snarl, tightening my grip around his neck. A slight whimper escapes his throat and I realize that he's showing no signs of fighting back.

"I swear, I'm just hunting. I got too carried away and wandered into your territory. I'm sorry! Just let me go!" He whines more, choking out a few words as he pleads for his life.

I toss him in front of me and watch him closely. He lowers his head to the ground and lowers his body, submitting to me. He shifts back into his human form and throws on some shorts before he comes back. His shaggy black hair covering his soft green eyes while his hands caress his red and bruised neck.

"You really take this job seriously, huh?" He gives an awkward chuckle under my hard gaze. "Uh, I'm David by the way. Just t--"

"You should go. Now." My voice level but harsh.

"Alright. I won't do anymore harm. I promise that this will be the last time you seem me." He assures as he backs away towards the forest and away from my pack territory. Finally, he turns and runs away, obviously happy to be away from me and I get back to running.

Three hours pass and I return home, reeking of sweat, earth and the undeniable scent that rouge left on me after I choked him out. I walk into my house and am not surprised when Becky tackles me in a warm hug, but quickly scrunches her nose.

"You smell icky, Rose." I laugh at her and hug her tighter, making her scream from the contact of an "icky" person.

"Get of meeeeeee!!!" She whines and her two brothers pounce on my back, trying to protect their baby sister. Dylan tries his best, putting me into a choke hold while Devon has a death grip around my waist but I don't let go of Becky.

"Ah! I give! I give! Please go easy on me!" I playfully beg, falling to me knees for extra measure. My grip on Becky loosens and she easily escapes my grasp and calls her brothers off me. My hand are raised in mock surrender as I look into her "fearsome" eyes.

They all run and hug me after they see that I'm hurt.

"We're sorry, Rose. Are you okay? I told them to go easy on you!" Becky cries out and her brother apologize, cursing themselves for being so strong. I cry along with them, until I hear stifled laughter.

Looking up, I see Havana, Claire, Ann, Kota and Scar red from silent laughter. Quickly fixing myself, I stand up and wipe away the false tears.

"Wow, Sky. Are you okay? Was there power too much for miss Alpha?" Kota jokes and a low growl escapes my throat.

Havana walks over and wraps her arms around my neck, kissing my throat and making me forget all about my anger. I look down into her golden eyes and peck her on her soft lips.

"Okay! We're out of here!" Ann exclaims after scooping up her little pups. Kota and Scar see her out but quickly come back to me with concerned expressions.

"Why do you reek of rouges?" Kota questions and by the look ok everyone's face I can tell that they are all thinking the same.

"I just ran into one in the woods. It's no big deal but we do need to do a better job on watching the border. This cannot happen again." They all nod their heads in agreement.

"Well, I'm gonna go shower so I'll be back down in a bit." I say as I'm turning but a soft hand stops me.

"Can I join?" Her melodious voice dances in my ears and I get weak in the knees. How can I turn her down?

Turning, I pull her closer into me and litter her face with kisses.

"Of... Cousre... You... Can..." Her giggles encourage me to keep going and I do until Kota so gracefully clears her throat.

"Go watch tv or something Kota." I snarl a little to aggressively and she laughs despite the small whimper that claws up her throat.

Havana escapes my grasp and tugs me towards my room, tingles running through my entire being just from her contact.

"Let's go baby."