C H A P. S I X

~ Time Skip~

  When she’s lying miserable and sickly in her bed, and her limbs are heavy with grief and exhaustion. Still, Jemma is happy to be home. She is happy to be alive. She is happy that, no matter what has happened to her mystery soul mates, her family – such as it is – is safe and surrounds her with love. Fitz tells her that, when she’s ready, he has a special surprises for her. He’s figured out the symbols, he knows who their other soul mates is. She doesn’t have the energy to be as excited as she’d otherwise like, but the thought of solving this unending mystery, the insatiable curiosity, keeps Jemma up when she is supposed to be napping, and when there’s a knock at the door she feels her heart leap up into her chest.

Her body is not so cooperative, and she turns slowly, drawing a weary arm away from her face as her visitor pushes inside. It’s Skye, with a vase full of bright yellow flowers in her arms, a quiet nervous little smile on her face.

Jemma smiles back because it’s thoughtful. She has sorely missed plant life and the sun, and colours other than endless dreary blue.

“Oh, Skye, thank you, they’re lovely-“ 

“It’s Daisy, actually.” 

“Right. Sorry.” 

“I was told you’re expecting me,” Daisy says, and it still hasn’t quite clicked. The flowers and the name on her wrist. “Fitz told me he’d talked to you about it? We were, um - going through my mother’s things. We found my name. My real name. It took me a while to get used to it but – it’s mine now. I’m Daisy. So – daisies.” 

Daisy flicks one half-heartedly, her body slowly seizing up. She’s hesitant to be more forward with her explanation, despite the fact that Jemma is taking longer than usual to catch on. There’s fear, which shouldn’t be surprising. This moment will, in some way or other, define the course of the rest of her life. There’s a little coyness too, knowing and curious to know. Part of her wishes she could take a picture of Jemma’s face the moment she figures it out. 

“Only, the thing is,” Daisy continues, with that smile. “My mother’s Chinese. Named me in Mandarin. Chùjù.

She takes the tiny florist’s card that’s perched amongst the daisies and turns it around, so that Jemma can see the message she has already written out. Jemma’s eyes trace the familiar lines, and she smiles at the starburst, and the realisation washes through her. It makes her limbs feel lighter. The breath moves in and out of her chest easier. Everything in the universe is falling into place. It feels inevitable; the way this was always supposed to feel, and the words spill out of her chest. 

“Oh,” she says. “It’s you.”

Daisy grins and nods. Suddenly, a redhead stumbles into the room. She fell onto the floor near Daisy and Jemma's feet. She smiles up at her Soulmates.

“ Hi ” she greeted.

“ I swear we need to put you in a plastic bubble so you don't keep falling and hurting yourself.” said Daisy while shaking her head in amusement. 

“ Love you forget that I have enhanced durability due to my asguradian and Olympian genes.” reminded Clarissa. Daisy chuckled.

  “ This is our other soulmate Clarissa.” Daisy explains to Jemma.

A/N; Hey guys, so I just wanted to let you know that from here on out I won't be jumping around the time line like I have. I also won't really be following the SHIELD timeline. Anyways I hope you guys like this chapter!