Stay

AMARA HARDING WAS KNOWN AS SOMEONE TO BE TOO BRAVE

AMARA HARDING WAS KNOWN AS SOMEONE TO BE TOO BRAVE. Her name did technically mean eternally brave, which had a bit of influence on her interest in joining the force. At the ripe age of seventeen, she had entered the programs necessary for preparing to enter such a profession.

Helping others, being able to save lives, and the action completely intrigued her to almost no end. It was always her dream to solve any and every mystery that led to catching the bad guy but as time went on, as she got older, she just wanted to help people.

It was a noble aspiration. To add onto the fantasy of it, it was, in a way, part of the family business. Her late uncle and several of her cousins served in the force for many years. Alas, most of them lost their lives to it as well. They all knew the risk and in taking it, after so many years, they paid the price for doing what they could.

And so, with a noble and adventurous interest, she strived towards doing the most she could. But, before that, she had allowed herself some freedom as she reveled in the extra freedom that came with business-savvy parents. She had been welcomed with wealth, spoilt experiences, parties, and most of all, too many chances of irresponsibility.

With the fortune she had been welcomed with, there were too many times she made rash and horrible decisions but there were times she refused to do such things. With the bad and good choices, Rafael Solano stood in the middle. Having met at some mandatory meeting they both attended, they hit it off. Well, at one point they did.

Even with the rich lifestyle she had grown up with, she held only some tolerance for guys like him. Guys that thought they're the shit while burying their problems in booze, drugs, & sex. Amara had only buried her problems in booze and smoking, which was barely anything in comparison to him.

After surviving the douchebag layer of his personality, she had grown to like how he actually was a good guy underneath but even she had some douchebag in her as well. For years under their parents radars, they lived well and partied hard.

They were thick as thieves underneath all the spoils of wealth but not long after high school, it began to change. After some familial differences, she had to abandon the partying lifestyle and go back on the road to joining the force. She let go of the booze, parties, drugs, smoking, and more, for a time. She had to for the sake of her dream.

And so, by the age of twenty-one, she was a high ranking detective amongst her peers. She gained a reputation as Detective Gallant and she had liked it. It suited her, became fitting even.

Throughout the years, even before and after her promotion to detective, she had many successful cases. Kidnappings, legal troubles, murderers, she covered it all. Of course, some weren't as successful which only ended in tragedy or disappointment. Sometimes, just like other people in the force, she reverted back to some of her old habits.

When it got too hard, she had reluctantly resorted back to the alcohol and cigarettes. She had only done so when she felt necessary but after so long, it became routine for her. In only twenty-three years of life, she had been fucked over plenty of times and she needed it in order to feel okay in the end.

After it all became normal, she had to help out somewhere she thought she'd have to forget about. Once talk about Sin Rostro starts up, she has to re-visit old feelings and more importantly, old friends.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

disclaimer !
I do not own Jane The Virgin or any of its characters/concepts. I only own my characters so yeet

h2oparx
dedications !
melissasjane summerless Stan_Fan_Eminem argentwitch CoraFedora bitcharts MILESMCRALES soulofstaars quantams & many others! I can't remember too many people on the top of my head but love y'all !

authors note !
Hi, it's another fic but with the sAME FACE CLAIM. I came up with this awhile ago but never published bc I had my other rafael fic going on. I just love this plot way more. It's going to be pretty different from 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You.' It will totally be more mature and well developed, in a sense or at least I hope it will. Hopefully y'all will enjoy.