15

Kidd

"Iight, I got somethings to handle at the trap. So I'm dropping y'all off at my place"

We're leaving the park right now and I had a good time honestly. But now it's down to business.

"No, I'm coming with u" Jayla said. "Rasheen, u mind watching the kids?"

"Naw but soon as I get inside, they eating, bathing then..." he trailed off looking at the twins as their eyes grew wide along with the smile on their faces "Sleep time"

"Sheen, noo" Ciara pouted.

"Can we stay up with u?" Carter asked.

"Yea but not all night"

Damn he gave in easily.

Once I dropped off the twins and Rasheen, I followed them in while Jayla waited in the car.

"U know what's been going on right?" I asked Rasheen. The twins were upstairs in the guest room "If some shit go down, theres a gun in everyroom under the dresser the tv's are on. There all on safety too, and call me"

"Iight, I got u" he dapped me up then I went and said bye to the twins.

"Daddy will see y'all later. Be good"

I walked outside to the car and got in. I looked over at Jayla, who was looking at her phone, frowning. "Wassup Jay? " I asked, worried.

"Are u gonna help me with the funerals?"

I sighed. I really didn't want to think about that right now. I didn't answer her as I continued driving. "Kidd, really?"

"The funerals aren't important to me"

"Seriously? " she asked lowly "Your grandmother was murdered and u don't want to help with the funeral? My father was basically murdered, and u don't want to help with the funeral?"

"Man, u should have stayed home if u were gonna do all this nagging"

"First of all nigga, my home is in Washington. Not at your place. Second, your coming off as a asshole. If u don't want to get on my bad side, I suggest u just stop talking to me. I'll plan both funerals alone"

I stayed quite, hoping she'd drop it. "Grams would be so proud" she mumbled but I heard her. Loud and fuckin clear.

Soon as we pulled up to the trap, I stormed to her side of the car, yanked her out and shoved her into the side.

"Wassup with u and these slick ass comments? U mad cause I would rather find Grams and Mike killer instead of planning a funeral that'll last for an hour, maybe 2?" I said, raising my voice more and more. "If u gonna keep talking shut, u can walk back to my place, pack your shit and be out. Forreal"

Instead of yelling back, she wiped the back of her head, showing blood on her fingers then chuckled "I thought u would have changed. But it seems like you've got worse. I'll walk back to your place, pack my things and I'll be gone before u get back"

She walked off, but I pulled her back against the car. I moved closer to her and put my hands on either side of her. Lowering my face closer to her ear, and sighed.

"Wait Jay, I'm sorry" I said sincerely. "I didn't mean anything I said ok? I let u walk out my life once before and I'm not gonna let it happen again." I pulled back and looked in her eyes "U still wanna leave? Or stay by my side? Cause on mamas, I need u more than anything right now."

She rolled her eyes, obviously thinking I'm telling her lies and bs, when I'm telling nothing but the truth.

"Jay please, I apologize for what I said, I apologize for making u bleed, I apologize for it all. Forgive me?" I asked, leaning in to kiss her. She didn't stop me so I did. She wasn't even kissing me back, so I stopped and just looked at her.

Her eyes were glossy and filled with tears but they just wouldn't fall "I'll help with the funerals ma, just don't be mad at me and don't leave me"

She nodded and pushed me back gently, moving away from me "Let's just hurry this up so we can go home"

When Jayla turned and walked to towards the trap, I smiled. She said we and home, as in our. I hope.

I sat behind my desk, doing work as usual while Jayla sat on the leather couch in the corner on her phone. She also had a pen and some paper.

I watched as she planned out the funeral, until a knock came. "Boss, Durk is here. U know, about the meeting." D told me.

Damn, I forgot. I made sure my 2 guns were on my lap as 3 guards walked in with guns, then Durk.

Durk is this newbie trying to move up. I told him he could work for me, double the pay of what he's getting now. So here we are.

Durk sat in the leather chair about 2 feet away from my desk "How u doin Kidd?"

"I'm good, but let's get this over with. U going to work for me or not?"

"I-" he looked over at Jayla and stopped talking. "Goddamn"

Jayla looked up from her phone and raised an eyebrow "What" she asked with slight attitude.

"U fine as fuck"

"Aye aye, the fuck this look like? Match.com nigga?" I yelled. I know damn well he ain't looking at my girl like that. He got one more time or I'm shooting. On mamas.

"Hold up, what's your name ma?" he asked her. Did this nigga just ignore me?

"For what?" she asked, lowly turning her attention back to her phone and paper.

"Well if your names Jay or Jayla, u got a hit on your head. And your kids" he shrugged " But maybe that's not u"

I immediately pointed both guns at him, along with the 3 machine guns from my guards. "The fuck u mean nigga? U here to kill my girl and kids?" I yelled.

"Naw" he said calmly "Killin women and kids ain't my style. I was just sayin"

"U know who put the hit out?" Jayla asked. She stood up and walked over towards me. She lowered my gun then looked at him.

"Some nigga named Mitchell or Michael"

And right there, my whole world seemed to stop.