Blood

There was a lot of blood. The bed was red, the linens, the hands, the body.
My body.

Or at least that's what it looked like. The reality might have been a little less dramatic.

A soft sob sounded from my left.

The reality was brought fourth by a sudden gush of realisation.

The reality of my fast approaching death.

I am Lyanna of house Stark, and this is the story of how I lived.
Before I died that is.

*****

Being the only daughter with a couple of rambunctious brothers had its perks. For example, I knew how to make a man fall down on his bottom in 2 seconds flat.

Being a girl in a family consisting of men also meant missing out on a few good tricks of the trade. Like how a few choice words and a fluttering of the lips could make any man fall on their knees for you. You know, the usual female wiles.

While other ladies of my age were busy sewing or cooking, I was busy having the time of my life with my brothers and the other squires. And simultaneously learning how NOT to be a lady.

So imagine my surprise when I found the silver prince playing his harp, outside my bedchamber that fateful night.

*****

"Excuse me, my lord but what exactly are you doing in front of my bedchamber, playing a harp, in the middle of the bloody night?"

I tried, I really did try to control my temper, but a whole day of fun results in a very tired me. So pardon me, but I had very good reasons to be grouchy.

It didn't matter that the prince in front of me was the most beautiful man I had ever seen.

He smiled that quiet smile, but didn't look up. He kept playing the damn thing.

After 30 seconds I had enough. Taking my pitcher from beside the bed, I emptied its contents on his head.

A bit extreme, but it was needed. He might be the bloody prince of Dragonstone but I needed my sleep.

As I returned to my room I could hear him mutter to himself.

The next day, he was there again.

"...ughh not again!"
This time he broke into a laugh. The kind that makes your stomach flutter which was odd since I had just had my dinner... So it couldn't be gas, right?

Bran was accompanying me, so I assume he was surprised too. But being less of a loggerhead, he quietly asked
"Do you need any help..."

I quickly shut him up and send him on his way... I needed to do this on my own.

I studied him for a moment, soft silver hair cascading down shoulders that weren't narrow but nowhere near broad enough to indicate that he was fighter. Soft lips, square jaws and startling amherst eyes made for a beautiful gentle face.

Amherst eyes which were staring at me with mild amusement.

"Do you mind my playing gevie?"
His voice was rich, but soft like those dornish wines I had once tasted.

The thought of Dorne brought me to my senses.
"Is lady Elia..." I started but was interrupted with a soft
"She knows"

*****

"She knows what?"

"That what I intend to do."

The riddles were a bit much, comprehending them in the middle of the night was beyond me.