Always And Forver

***

***

He looked at her with such wide and longing eyes. She was, indeed, the most beautiful person he has ever seen in his entire life. He held out a single hand, wanting her to take it. Wanting to hold her for as long as he could and make her happy. For the rest of his life.

***

He could still remember the day he announced to his comrades, or what was left of them, his engagement with theone and only love of his life. And they were beyond ecstatic.

Drinks were poured, felicitations were conveyed. Despite the huge blow that came upon them as retired Military Officers, they still found enough space in their hearts to celebrate this wonderful event.

"So, Levi." His long time friend, Hange, the fourteenth and last Commander of the fallen Scouting Legion, asked him as she isolated him away from their other friends for a while, leaving them to fuss over (F/N) and what her family plans would be. "Do you have a number of guests, a particular motiff, preferred menu, anything at all where I can be useful?"

"None." he just answered flatly.

"What do you mean none?"

"I mean it." He answered. "I prefer things to be as simple as possible.

"Oh." Hange muttered and just smiled. "Of course, you would."

"But, I want your help with something,..."

Hange's single, good eye gleamed excitedly. She may be a bit needy of more than just a pair of glasses since that fateful day when they took back Shiganshina, but she's still the same Hange who wanted to be in all of the most exciting plans.

"Of course, of course." She said, her smile reassuring.

***

Whoever said, it would be easy? Of course, it won't be. She looked at his longing eyes, knowing full well what would happen should she take his waiting hand. Yes, she was scared. But, something deep within her was nagging at her, wanting to prove herself worthy of his love.

But, what exactly was her reason for doing so?

In brief flashes, all her memories which led to this moment came back to her,...

***

"Thank you so much, Onyankopon." (F/N) told the Marleyan as she received the mug of beer from his hands.

"A pleasure, Your Grace." Onyankopon, one of Hange's most trusted comrades, said and smiled at her. "A little bit of a drink would never hurt. After all, this is a celebration."