Body Heat

It's an unnaturally deadly night.

The freezing winter air swept through the house. If the temperature outside managed to drop any lower frostbite would be considered a real danger in the Los Angeles streets.

A pair of shivering and shaking twins sat curled up together, pushing aside their embarrassment of their own chattering teeth to cuddle up against each other for extra warmth.

Both males were avalanched under a mountain piled high of all the blankets, pillows and bed sheets they could find in the house. Although the heating was cranked up to maximum and both male was covered in three layers of thick clothing they were still forced to surround themselves with what appeared to be a collapse fort in an attempt to avoid catching a dreadful cold.

The two felt both trapped and safe in their cocoon of blankets. Neither wanted to move a muscle, none had the willpower to get up nor attempt to leave pillow mountain and reach for the TV remote on the coffee table, the mission far too risky. The two's only movements being the uncontrollable shivering and short sneezes and sniffles of November illness. The septic pair was currently cuddling like cats; their bodies contorted over each other like acrobats.

Fortunately for them, they had no reason to leave their fort. They decided to spend all day long binge watching movies on Netflix and glossing over Disney and Pixar films, and happily scoffing down the sugary junk food and drink they found after raiding the kitchen and quickly retreating back to their pillow mountain on the couch.

The front door swung open and Dark walked in. The septic twins' attention was drawn from toy story 3 to the demon.

"There's so much damn snow." Dark grumbled. They watched as he shrugged off his coat and kicking off his boots, flicking specs of snow and ice all over the hallway floor without care. He and his human counterpart had been forced to spend the last hour shovelling heavy snow out of the way of the drive. Despite all that effort however, the snow was beginning to rain down again and as they could all pray it wouldn't happen they was sure all that effort would be lost; they might get snowed in...

"Dark, I'm cold" a shaking voice whispered. That was the siren call that sent Dark running for a place to hide, he knew that if they caught up to him he knew he would be trapped on the couch for hours. They wouldn't let him leave.

Allow me to explain a little further...

Jack and Anti, and also Dark himself, had recently discovered the older demon's own ability to control his body temperature, deciding in only a few seconds to become cool one minute and warm the next. He obviously used this advantage during the summer and winter, he had no need for anything to cool him down or warm him up during those powerful seasons.

The two less fortunate Irishmen however, had to rely on cold drink and shade in the summer, and blankets and heat in the winter. So when they found out about Dark's ability, on a similar freezing night to this one, whereas they were covered in several layers of cotton sheets he was perfectly content and warm in just a sleeveless top and sweatpants. They were immediately stuck at Dark's side all winter.

Dark wasn't sure how he ended up in this situation. In only a matter of seconds the demon had been pulled into pillow mountain, his shirt had been practically torn from him, leaving him shirtless with two Irishmen rubbing against his body for warmth...

Dark didn't even bother to fight back or try to leave when they pinned him to the couch. They had done it countless before. "Dark, warmer!" they whined "Colder!" they cried. And when he did manage to escape, all day his day was filled with whining and god help him if one of them were to become sick. He felt defeated.

Mark came downstairs. Mark had previously came back inside a while ago, leaving Dark to shovel the rest of the snow outside, his excuse? He had videos he needed to upload; in reality Dark knew he was just lazy. He watched the scene in confusion, then looked at Dark's face of discomfort and burst out laughing. "I will murder you." Dark warned with a snarl.

Mark ran.

Dark tried to follow but was held down by the weight of the other two. Mark came back to taunt him, Dark managed to break out of the younger males grip and tackled Mark to the floor. Mark playfully pushed him back as Dark grabbed a couch cushion and pretended to suffocate him with it.

The two younger males watched on in content, looking at each other and grinning at the silliness of their boyfriends. "Doggy pile!" One of them shouted.

"Huh? Oof" Jack and Anti jumped on the older two, dragging down the mountain of pillows and blankets with them. The older two stopped fighting and collapsed on the floor under the weight of two men and numerous pillows. "Get off!" Mark complained. "You weigh a ton!"

"Can we get some pizza?" Jack and Anti yelled almost identically.

"Ow, yes, fine just get off!" Dark grunted. The two Irishmen ran off with big smiles on their faces on their quest to order delicious pineapple pizza.

"Dark?" Mark questioned.

Dark rolled over, cringing at the click his back made. "Yes?"

"Why are you shirtless anyway?"