Chapter 2: Did I mention I hate hospitals?

"Oh Jesus, Rae! What do I do? What if she has a concussion?!"

Concussion? Who has a concussion?

My eyes open a bit, I see my neighbor from earlier on the phone, pacing back and forth in front of my bed. Bimbus was nowhere in sight sadly.

Then realization hits me. Wait... this isn't my bed.

I force my eyes more open to get a better look at my surroundings. White walls, white floor, machines beeping all around.

I groan out loud as I realize I'm in a freaking hospital. The last time I was in one was when they finally found me...

My neighbor turned around when he heard me groan. "Oh thank goodness! She's awake! I'll talk to you later Rae!"

He rushes to my side, his long legs takes him to me in a couple strides. Man I envy tall people.

His beautiful, dark brown eyes  look worried and anxious. Wait, Beautiful? I barely even know the guy, I must calm my thirsty ass down or I'm going to end up in another situation like before.

"Oh Jesus! Are you okay? You uh hit your head pretty hard." His hand reaches towards the back of my head. I flinch away out of reflex.

"Oh goodness I'm so sorry! I was just going to show you where you hit it. Oh well I guess the big bandage around your head probably gave that away huh?" He awkwardly fixes his bangs a little away from his face. Man, for some reason that looks so familiar.

I then realize I'm just staring at him and not even saying a word.
"Oh no you're totally fine, I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm not really used to people touching me." I gingerly touch the back of my head and then flinch as a stabbing pain immediately follows.

"Jiminy Cricket! That fucking hurts like hell!" My neighbor bursts out into laughter. I awkwardly laugh a little, not really sure what was funny.

"Oh Jesus! I-I can't believe you just said J-Jiminy Cricket!" One of his hands go up to cover his mouth, that's already covered by a mask, as he laughs. "Oh goodness that's so random and funny, I haven't laughed like that in a good while. Thank you for that."

I feel my face get hot as I realize he's laughing at my unusual cursing. I look away embarrassed and mumble, "Sorry I just had a Kingdom Hearts dream, so he was in my mind I guess."

"Oh wait, you play Kingdom Hearts? I love that game! Oh hey! Have you ever played this game called Among Us?"

I look up at him excitedly. "Oh my God! That's one of my favorite games to play and to watch other people play! There's this one guy I watch who pulls off these really clean kills and hardly ever gets sussed! I try to do the same when I play online and get imposter, but I can't ever pull them off like he can."

He blinks at my sudden explosion of excitement towards the game, but then chuckles again.

"Heh heh that reminds me of someone I play with actually. Would you want to play with me and my friends sometime?"

I look up at him confused, "I think that would be wonderful usually, but I don't even know you." My past has made me so sceptical of everyone I meet, I feel bad when I see his face fall a bit into disappointment.

"O-oh you're totally right. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Did you want me to leave?"

Oh God my heart literally just broke at how sad he sounded. It made me suddenly want to protect this man from all the bad in this world.

He starts to kind of back out of the room slowly. "No! Wait! Ow!" I hold my head as a sudden sharp pain from yelling runs through me.

He rushes back to my side. "Are you okay?" He holds my hand gently, unsure of what else he can do to help.

My pain was suddenly forgotten and now all i could think of was how warm his hand was in mine. It's been so long since I've had human contact so maybe that's why my whole body heated up just from an innocent touch.

"H-hey, you're really red right now, is it too hot in here? Do you want me to get you some water or anything to help you cool down?"

Oh God, I'm blushing, so naturally my face resembles a giant tomato because of it. "Oh um no I'm fine um..... I just realized I don't even know your name."

"Oh! I guess it's cause I haven't told you it uh huh." He chuckles a bit.

Silence.

"Um yes you haven't, and that was your cue to uh tell me it. Here I'll go first, I'm Li- uhhhh I mean I'm Mimi."

I extend my hand that's not being held by his out to him. He let's go of my hand to reciprocate the shake. "I'm Tho- uh Sykkuno. Nice to um m-meet you heh."

Wait what!?

I rip my hand out of his in shock. He blinks, unsure of what just happened. "Your name is Sykkuno?! You can't be the same one who plays on Twitch with Valkyrae, Jacksepticeye, Corpse and all their other friends right?"

My heart monitor is suddenly beeping a mile a minute, which seems about right cause I was about to have a freaking heart attack.

"Oh you know me? Y-yeah those are my friends that I wanted to introduce you to and play Among Us with. I-is that okay?" He glances worriedly at the heart monitor.

Oh God what if I had agreed to play with him and his friends online without knowing who he was? I would be found so easily! His fan base is so huge that I'm bound to be looked into by one of them. Oh god I can't handle this.

"Mimi? A-are you okay? The uh machine is doing a lot of things over there and I'm not sure it's good things."

I look up at him as he sits a bit fidgety beside me, worried for my health. My heart melts a bit and calms down slowly. He's so unbelievably sweet, I can see why so many people watch him.

A sudden realization comes to me. I don't have to be recognized cause I don't necessarily have to show my face. I could still associate with him and play online with him and his friends if I just don't use my real name or show my face! I already changed my name so maybe this might work after all.

"Hey um Sykkuno?"

He moves a bit closer to my bed still looking worried. "Um yeah Mimi?"

"I'd love to play with you and your friends."