Peaceful Night

As the fire crackled and popped under the beautiful star filled sky. Jack, a wanted man with a bounty over his head, was lying down peacefully on an old deer hide blanket. Jack was a very odd man, by odd I mean he could change his opinion about anyone and gun them down any second without caring. 
      But he did have a soft spot for certain things, such as the love of his life. Who doesn't know he's still alive and lives all the way across the state.
     The nights started to grow colder the more Jack traveled, trying to get away from the law that was after him. Jack didn't mean to kill the man, he just wanted to enjoy his drink at the saloon in peace for once. The man he killed was named Hubert Thorne and he was about 63 years old with a big, white, puffed up beard.
     Hubert had wasted all his money on drinking that night 4 days ago. He threatened Jack saying that if he didn't give him his money he would have put a bullet in his brain.
      Jack didn't put up with that, not with anyone. Hubert pulled his gun and Jack sprang up punching Hubert in the jaw. With a loud crunch Hubert fell, smacked his temple on the corner of the bar, and hit the ground dead.
      Standing there without knowing what he had done, Jack looked around. People were standing away from him in terror. He looked down at the bleeding, lifeless body of Hubert Thorne, and ran out of the saloon.
     But tonight was a peaceful night, star filled sky with a beautiful full moon shining over the land like a diamond. He was in Oregon, never been there before in his live but he enjoyed it. Reminded him of home. The great pine trees towered over the area like kings, intimidating anyone who got in their way.
    But Jack's mind was somewhere else, he wasn't worrying about the law, not about Hubert. But the touch of his wife. The beautiful wilderness that now seemed to crowd around him in the dark. He missed his wife, her name was Jessica Hammond (taken after Jack) and was the most amazing woman Jack ever knew.
     She had long brunette hair and always wore it in a bun. Green eyes that would hypnotize any man who stared into them. And the body of a goddess.
They've been together for about 4 years, they met in 1879 at the saloon. Jessica was a very caring and nervous woman, even with Jack, she knew the harm that he could do.
     Jack got the job to be a rancher at St. Marks Farm a month ago. Jack needed some money and a job to take care of Jessica to survive the harsh winter that suffocated the forest in snow. Jessica stayed at their home in Washington as Jack went to St. Marks Farm.
     Jack watched a couple shooting stars flash across the sky as if shot from a sling shot into nothingness, it was getting late and Jack had to get up early to start his travel more up into the mountains. He laid his tired head down, closed his eyes and drifted slowly off to sleep.