Chapter 4

"Thank you for the assistance." Mei Hui says as she bows to the family sitting in the cart pulled by a horse.

"No problem young lady. Hope you get where your heading." (^o^)/ The kindly looking mother smiles as she speaks, waving to the young girl still bowing to them as the father whips the horse, pulling the cart as they begin to move further away from the girl.

Once they leave her sight, Mei Hui straightens as she moves down the path formed from the constant use.

***

After 3 shichen of ambling with no set destination, she reaches an intersection with three roads each going a different way and having no idea which way to go. Mei Hui decides to grab a stink, putting it upright in the middle of the intersection, she lets go.

Decided she begins to move down the north road.

***

After a few days of walking during the day and cultivating at night, she sees city walls in the distance and – having begun to run low on supplies – decides to stop and restock.

***

Entering the city the first thing Mei Hui does is grabs some candied haws. Eating them as she looks around she gains some looks. Though her features are nothing noteworthy, her eyes draw in the people around her as she looks around for a place to stay.

Looking around and feeling overwhelmed as it has been a long time since she's been around so many people, her attention was diverted causing her to bump into someone.

Because of her high cultivation, Mei Hui stayed stagnant while the other staggered slightly.

Mei Hui looks at the people, or girl. She's around the same height as Mei Hui as well as the same age, but that's where the similarities ended. The girl is very beautiful, with a very charming look attracting males to stares open eyed and drooling and making women stare with venomous eyes.

One; because of her beauty. And two; because of the two startingly handsome men flanking her.

Both of the men were tall with black hair, one with blue eyes and the other with black. And all three donning magnificent black robes with silver ascents sect robes as well as a carved jade pendent hanging from their waist.

"You ruined my robes!" The girl screeches, startling Mei Hui from her examination of the three people.

Mei Hui looks back over to the girl, seeing her seething expression she looks at her robes seeing the candied haws adhering to them.

"PFFT!"

***

A/N: Yay! Finally started a book which I kept promising myself I would. Any thoughts so far?

BTW: It's my BIRTHDAY!!(*^0^*)

Resolution: Don't procrastinate! (* ̄m ̄)