Chapter 13

Author's Note: So I'm going on a vacation for 3 days and I won't be able to use internet and laptop for the mean time, which means I won't be able to write and read your comments. My friends and I are going to the beach, and it's a 12-hour drive from where I'm living. I'm already regretting it because it's a long drive, but hey, the place we're going to is definitely worth my time. If you want to see the place, you can search Caramoan on Google and see for yourself! Thank you so much and I love you all!

Word count: 3,129

******

Chapter 13

The date with Kevin has been awesome and my mind is replaying the moments we've done on our date. We just did random stuff and not one of those well-planned date that follows everything on the list. I don't think I'd like that kind of date, but hey, if the person is special, maybe I'd like it. Maybe I'd even love it. I look back at the book with a woman on the cover – the title is The Universe of Us, which I bought in a local bookstore while Kevin was with me. We were just strolling by when we found an old bookstore with an aesthetic view and vibe. The bookstore is called Book Dome, and the sign was hanging, yellow lights placed on the edge of the wooden sign, attached to the roof of the bookstore.

By looking at the store, you would think that time has really passed by and did a toll on this store, but it's actually quite nice. Besides seeing the tall buildings and blinding lights of New York, it's nice to see a random but unique store. Most of the books that are being sold in the store are poetry, fictions, sci-fi, and romance. There's also a special section of LGBTQ2 books, which caught my attention.

"Why would there be an LGBTQ2 section when they can just put it in the category where it really belongs to? Like if this book is a romance story, then it should be put in the romance category." Kevin expressed his opinion while holding a They Both Die At The End book. His face was scrunched up in a confused manner, looking intently at the book then to me.

I shrugged. "OCD, I guess. I mean, I like to categorized my books by book titles, or if it's a series," I told him, grabbing the book from his hand and my skin lightly grazed his, which sent a shiver down my spine but I ignored it. "But I'd also like to have an LGBTQ2 section for my shelf."

"That makes sense."

"Of course I make sense." I told him, punching him playfully on the shoulder.

The Universe of Us caught my attention. They have this section where they put the Top 10 bestseller books, regardless of the genre of the book, and the book is actually at the top 3. The number 1 spot is claimed by What If It's Us?. I grabbed the poetry book, and paid for it. Kevin asked why I bought it and told him that I've always wanted to read poetry books because they're awesome.

I grab the book on my desk and turn the page to read the first entry, but there's a light tap on my desk and Mia grins at me when our eyes meet. She smiles at me, her light dimple on her left cheek showing, and her hair is done neatly. It's pulled back. She's wearing ripped jeans, white cardigan over a grey shirt, and a pair of black heels. She really is a beautiful woman.

Behind her is Wyatt, wearing a suit that makes him really look hot.

"Hey," Mia leans down and smiles widely, taking a look at the book I bought, which I immediately put on my desk, shoving it further away from her and I give her a polite smile. Wyatt has his eyes on me. "I've got a request."