The Way He Speaks. ➵ taegi

Yoongi walked into the studio, his eyes tired from days and days of straight working on songs at the most ridiculous time of night. You'd think he didn't sleep ever, but he did, but only in the studio. It was his home, it was the place he dreamed, and then wrote ideas down about his dreams. It was his home, it was the place he dreamed, and then wrote down ideas for songs based on his dreams. It was the place he felt safe, comforted by the sounds of soft beats, the place where he truly fell in love with music. It was also the place he met Hoseok and Namjoon. (J-Hope and RM respectively.)

There was a knock on the door and Yoongi replied, "C- come i- in." The door slowly opened and Namjoon appeared in the doorway. Yoongi was happy to see the younger male because he'd just had a brilliant idea and came right to the studio to write it down and try to work on the beat for it as well. Yoongi gestured to the couch, asking Namjoon to sit and listen. Yoongi played the loop for him and Namjoon bopped his head to the beat throughout. Yoongis small smile grew larger toward the end of the beat for the chorus as he knew Namjoon really liked it based on his expression.

"W- what did y- you t- think?" Yoongi asked, pausing the beat where he'd last edited it.

"That was really good, Yoongi. It's a little plain though, is there a reason for that. It also seems a little serious? Is this a serious song you're working on?"

Yoongi made an interesting face and said, "S- sorta." He motioned Namjoon over to him, and pulled up the lyrics he'd brainstormed and edited slightly.

I know you're hesitating
Because even if you tell the truth, it'll come back as scars
I won't say clichéd things like "have strength"
I'll just listen to you, listen
What did I tell you?
I told you you'd overcome
You didn't believe (really)
Will we be able to overcome?
This miracle
Did we make it?

It was his lament to everyone who'd ever gone through something similar to him. Bullying, constant teasing because he couldn't speak with confidence the way everyone else could. Because he couldn't go to the front of the classroom without fainting, because he couldn't handle all their stares. This was to all those kids who experienced those same feelings.

"So it is serious, just as I thought. Nothing but to be expected from the 'Oh So Serious Yoongi'."

"I'm n- not th- that s- seri- serious."

"Oh sure you are. Always with that straight face, trying not to be rude, but always having a head swirling with ideas. Whenever someone asks you a question, it's always a short answer. You're pretty serious, man." Yoongi let out a breathy laugh. Namjoon knew all about his stuttering problem, more so than Hosoek did or ever could.

"A- anyw- way. W- when's our n- next g- gig?"

"Tomorrow night. Why?" Yoongi gave Namjoon a sly look and Namjoon knew exactly what that look meant. "Yoongi you know you'll be dead tired, even though I'm pretty sure you already are dead tired. You can't perform this tomorrow night, it's not enough time." Yoongi simply chuckled evilly and turned around to face the laptop. He ripped his notebook out from his bag that was next to the desk, and began typing away, saying lyrics in different ways to see which way flowed best with the loop.

Namjoon sighed and left, quietly shutting the door behind him and sighing once more. "Please be okay, Yoongi."

«❦»

It was Friday night and tonight was the night Yoongi would perform his new solo song that would hopefully be on the new album. Namjoon and Hoseok were really worried though. Namjoon went into the studio this morning to try to look for something he'd forgotten, and Yoongi was still sitting there as though he hadn't moved or even blinked since the night before.