💋𝟏𝟓.

"How I know if you die for me? Know if you shoot for me? How I know if you still love me? Yeah, yeah..."
-Lil' Durk & Lil' Baby💋

Chapter 15:

Ariel

Ariel pulled out her cell phone in the middle of the crowded club to see if August had called

Ariel pulled out her cell phone in the middle of the crowded club to see if August had called. He hadn't tried to contact her in three days, and his sudden absence from her life was starting to bother her.

She usually spoke with him at least twice a day, and he always made it a point to come and check for her. But since she's been
dealing with all of the drama involving Jarod and Kelsey, Ariel hasn't heard from August in a while.

Now he was doing disappearing acts, and she didn't know what to think. Paris could see the discouraged look on her friend's face.

"You okay?" she shouted over the loud music.

Ariel looked up and realized that her two friends were staring at her, so she put her emotions at bay and replied, "Yeah, I'm good. I was just wondering what time it was."

"Why hasn't he called you?" Brandy asked, not buying Ariel's lie.

"I guess he's busy, I don't know--"

"--Do you hear yourself right now?" Brandy said to her. "Ariel, August and Damontrez are in da' same exact crew handling da' same exact business, and my man still makes time to see me. You need to stop making excuses for these lying ass niggas. He's playing you boo. You need to drop him and get you a new bae."

With each day that passed, it was becoming more difficult for Ariel to keep up the charade. Yes, it was true that she harbored deep feelings toward August and was falling in love with him. She knew it, and in a way she hated herself for it.

But it was also true, that she had just closed a chapter in her life regarding her past relationship, and hadn't even thought of August
up until recently when she tried to contact him, so she couldn't be too upset with him going ghost.

"Ariel, I know August is fine and everything, but if he ain't acting right 'den you need to drop him and move on to da' next. There's plenty more niggas out here for you to be stuck on just one." Paris stated.

Ariel nodded.

"So can you loosen up and finally enjoy yourself now?" Brandy asked.

"Yeah," she answered simply as she took a sip from her Long Island Iced Tea.

"Okay coo'. Now let's just have a good time," Paris said.

The girls agreed, and Ariel leaned with her back against the bar as she swayed sexily to the music.

She made sure that she could see every angle of the club, a habit that she had acquired over the years. She wasn't a fan of large crowds so she was always aware of her surroundings.