Chapter 3: Plotting and Pizza Making

Waking up on Sunday morning Hayley almost didn't want to get out of bed, she'd had a extra busy day at the bakery yesterday and had constantly been rushed off her feet. She groaned as her alarm went off and quickly hit the snooze button without even thinking. Hayley buried herself back into the warmth of her duvet, giving a happy sigh she started to fall back to sleep. However that peace didn't last long as a loud knocking came from her bedroom door.

"Come on mom! We got a busy day today get up!" Will shouted through the door causing Hayley to groan "Don't want to be late to meet Rick do you" the 13 year old said in a sing-song voice clearly mocking the way she got him up for school.

"Okay I'm up!" Hayley yelled before her voice turned to an irritated grumble "why can't you be up on time for school?"

"Don't sass me young lady!"

"Getting too cheeky there William Summers" Hayley called back getting out of bed and going to sort out her clothes for the day.

"Sorry mom...love you" Will said after a moment of silence causing Hayley to smile,

"Love you to now go get ready Rick's picking us up in two hours" Hayley heard Will run off to go get ready before she went into the bathroom and showered. After she'd shower Hayley dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a simple black and white striped jumper before towel drying her hair and putting it into a braid.

Hayley walked downstairs to see Will sat at the kitchen table happily munching a bowl of cereal, she grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and sat down next to him. It was clear that they were both excited for the day ahead. The two had gone to the store the night before to get everything they would need to make pizzas including some extras, Hayley had even cleaned downstairs ready for their guests arrival. Hayley found herself feeling nervous about meeting Rick and she wasn't sure why.

Hayley and Will were sat in the living room continuing a 1000 piece jigsaw that they started Friday night when Hayley's phone beeped next to her.

Just left the house see you soon - Rick

Hayley smiled at the text before telling Will to get his shoes and coat on. Hayley had just put on her coat and grabbed her bag when a car horn sounded from outside. Will ran to the car while Hayley finished locking up the house. Walking towards the car she got into the passengers eat and was immediately greeted by Rick, "Hey, how have you been?"

"Hi, good what about you?" She replied as Rick pulled out her driveway and back onto the road.

"Same here. Carl's been non-stop talking about today" Rick chuckled "he even wanted to make some cakes last night to bring round, I think he's trying to impress you"

"Will hasn't stopped talking about it either, he even woke me up this morning" both adults chuckled at that "so what cakes did you both make?"

"Well about that.." Rick rubbed the back of his neck nervously

"Dad burnt them!" Carl blurted out from the back seat throwing a glare his fathers way. "He had one job, to get the cakes out the oven and he fell to sleep" Will burst out laughing upon hearing this and even Hauley had to smile.

"Yeah he's angry with me" Rick whisper to Hayley

"Well I would say rightfully so, I mean come on Rick all you had to do was get them out the oven and don't blame it on the fact you can't bake either, that's no excuse" Hayley replied trying her hardest not to laugh at the look on Rick's face.

"In my defence I did offer to make new ones but Carl said he'd rather take the burnt ones round"

"wow, he'd rather give us burnt ones than ones you'd made? Well remind me never to let you cook" Hayley laughed at the mock hurt look on Rick's face.