"Know your place"

~~~~~

"We need to go, now!" Clementine shouts to the group, placing her gun back in its holder around her waist, the walker she had just shot slumping to the ground.

The small group were outside the safe zone, having no other choice but to break the rules since food was running low. However on the way, the group had encountered a large herd of walkers and even though they were trying their hardest to fight against them, there was simply too many for them all to handle.

"There's too many!" Violet shouts, panicking slightly, hitting another walker down and killing it.

"Follow me!" Louis shouts out, grabbing the others attention, as he hits down another walker before sprinting off in a certain direction. Everyone follows him, pulses pumping with adrenaline. It wasn't often that the kids came across large groups of walkers, so most people were pretty inexperienced, with the exception of Clementine.

Louis guided them through the woods, running as fast as possible to prevent the walkers from catching up. They all sigh in relief upon seeing a small building come into view. "We can wait it out in there" Louis says, panting, pointing a finger at the building, they all nod in agreement.

Hearing the walkers growling become louder, they take off running again.

-

The group rush in the house one by one, thankfully the door was unlocked which meant easy access, however that also meant easy access for the walkers.

"Barricade the door" Clementine orders, Mitch and Aasim heading to do without questioning.

Only when the doors and windows were safely barricaded to Clementines satisfaction was when she could relax, the safety of her peers was always something the girl worried about. She wasn't positive that the door would hold for long, but it would have to do until they could think of something else.

"How long will we have to wait here?" Mitch asks, a worried look on his face.

Clementine sighs. "As long as it takes".

"Thank god we found some food in that house back there, at least we know we won't be starving" Violet says, holding up the few cans they had found prior to their run in with the herd.

"That reminds me, we should probably check this place out, there might be other useful things in here, plus we gotta make sure it's clear" Marlon says, everyone mumbling and nodding in agreement.

"Okay, Clem, Louis and violet can take downstairs, me, Mitch and Aasim will take the upstairs" Marlon commands.

They do as told and spread out, everyone heading to where they were told, weapons at the ready in case of walkers, or even worse, people.

They check all the the downstairs, minus the kitchen, leaving it until last since it was towards the back of the house. The house was pretty much empty, apart from a few off pieces of food that were inedible.

Clementine was currently checking the drawers in the kitchen, hearing the door open behind her. Thinking it was only one of her peers, she continued on, but only when she heard the clicking of a gun being raised was when she froze on the spot, heart dropping into her feet.