Chapter 6: Smiles and Dimples

Lygienel's POV

"Hello tita Marinel?" I asked through the phone. Tita Marinel just called me after Juan Karlos got home. I was so nervous when tita Marinel called me. Did something happened to Darren? Or to Lynelle?

"Anak, pwede ka bang pumunta dito sa bahay? Si Darren kasi eh, nakahilata lang sa kwarto nya, mukhang wala sa mood. Hindi daw kayo nagbonding eh. Okay lang ba, Lygienel? Alam mo namang para ka na rin naming kapamilya," tita Marinel told me. I thought for a second.

"Eh kung magkasama pa rin kayo ni Juan Karlos, wag na lang, I called just to let you know," she added. Wait, how did tita Marinel knew that I hang-out with Juan Karlos and not with Darren? "Ah eh tita, matanong ko lang po ha. Paano nyo po nalamang magkasama kami ni Juan Karlos?" I sternly asked. Then, I heard tita Marinel chuckled.

"Sinabi kasi ni Darren sa akin eh. Ayun, nagmumukmok ngayon. Okay lang ba na puntahan mo sya dito? Please, for me?" she asked. I sighed and looked at my mom. I knew she was here the entire time, watching Juan Karlos and I hanging out. She thought we were going to do something crazy. Mom nodded. I smiled at her and mouthed thanks.

My mom could hear the entire conversation because my mom told me to put it on speaker. "I'm on my way, tita. See you," I said, hanging up as tita Marinel said her grateful thanks. "Mom, you're sure you'll let me?" I asked my mom. She smiled at me and nodded.

"Bakit naman hindi? Eh kina Darren ka lang naman pupunta. Sige na! Puntahan mo na si Darren at si Lynelle, miss na miss ka na nung mga yun. Tsaka si Darren, lungkot na lungkot ata kasi kay Juan Karlos ka sumama, hindi kay Darren," mom teased me. I rolled my eyes at her and laughed. Then, she laughed with me. I smiled, hugged her and gave her my goodbye.

"Be home before 8:30 okay?" mom told me. I nodded at her and left the house. Again, my dad is at his business trip in Singapore, my brother Rhed is with his team players in his school. So it's us again here in our house. Tita Fina left the house same as my tito George, my cousins Rage and Angel. Family bonding you know.. So it's just Marlo and my mom at home.

Darren's house is just like.. 3 streets away from our house so I just have to walk. Walking is fun for me. I'm an athletic girl that's why I love it so much, walking I mean. I wonder what happened to Darren and why he acts like that.

I was about to reach Darren's street when my phone buzzed. Somebody texted me. It's tita Marinel. Tita Marinel scares me sometimes, you know. She makes me so worried. It's because she texts me unintentionally.

From: Tita Marinel

Lynelle is so eager to see you when I told Lynelle that you were coming over. See you x

I smiled with what she texted me. Then, I realized that I was already on Darren's gate. Their house is really big. Yet, it's enough for them. Darren has his own music room. He really likes singing, dancing and playing musical instruments. And Lynelle has her own play room. You can say that they're really rich. I was ready to ring the door bell when Tito Lyndon already opened the small gate.

Their small gate are for guests and the large gates are for the vehicles. I smiled at tito Lyndon and bowed a bit. "Mano po, tito." I told him, getting his hand, tapping it to my forehead. It's one way of showing respect to elderly for Filipinos.

"Oh anak, pasok ka. Si Darren, nasa kwarto nya. I-cheer up mo naman sya," tito Lyndon said. I smiled and nodded at him. Whenever I'm here at Darren's house. I feel so comfortable. I feel so at home whenever I'm here.

When I entered their house, I saw Lynelle watching tv while she's lying down on the couch. I wanted to surprise her so, I went behind the couch and hugged her. "Hi baby Lynelle," I greeted her. She squealed and hugged me back so tight. Like her kuya, Lynelle too, is sweet.