Chapter 17

Who's ready for a sob fest! I was listening to So Big/So Small and Finale and You Will be Found and cried while the sad music and story filled my mind lol so....
//slides tissue box across table//
Enjoy!

~Virgil's PoV~

Virgil closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. His heart was pounding still and he tried his best to calm it.

Stop hesitating! He told himself. March right in there. You have to save Patton.

Virgil stood up quietly, quickly skittering to the caves wall and pressed himself against it. He inhaled and exhaled, preparing himself before he heard a familiar voice.

"You know what, fine." Phoebus? Virgil's heart seemed to drop down to his feet. "I didn't need you. But I can't and won't have you staying here any longer."

Virgil's eyes widened. NO! He whirled around the side of the wall and into the cave entrance. He saw Patton, bruised and bleeding standing shakily as Phoebus stood in front of him, his back to Virgil. And he was holding up a huge knife.

All his fear vanished. All he thought was his Patton, there, hurt, about to be killed. The anxious Side clenched his fists, gritting his teeth.

Fear and worry filled him, but this time it was different. He could feel that energy fill him and he felt light. The feeling lifted through his body, up his throat, and to his mouth. He opened his eyes, tears falling out of his eyes.

"STOP!" He screamed. The sound acted as if it was alive, shooting out his mouth like some form of energy, shaking the ground and exploding into a deafening boom in the air.

Virgil saw Phoebus stumble, falling over with shock as the knife slipped out his hand.

"Virgil...?" He heard Patton whisper. Virgil saw him; his Patton, his sweet bubbly Patton stand there bleeding and hurt.

"Patton!" He cried. The tears wouldn't stop. He saw him stumble and fall. Patton's eyes began to close.

Panicked, Virgil started to sprint towards him. He let out a cry of anguish as Patton went fully limp, his eyes closed.

Ignoring Phoebus who was slowly getting over his surprise, Virgil kneeled next to Patton and lifted his head gently.

"Patton?" He whispered, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "Patton, baby, please, say something." He sobbed.

The deep cuts on Patton slowly began to stop bleeding but they still were bright red and he was covered in many bruises and marks.

"What did they do to you?" Virgil asked. He traced a finger down Patton's jaw gently and down his neck, flinching at all his marks he passed over. "Please talk to me..." his tears fell and landed with a splash on Patton's face.

"Oh, you're poor sweet boyfriend." A mocking voice said from behind him. Virgil pulled Patton close to him, resting his head on his lap before turning to face Phoebus who was smirking. He slowly pulled out a sword that was in its hilt at his waist. "You were always pathetic, you know. Cried so easily. I really wished you died when you ran away that day."

Phoebus traced his finger down the dull end of the blade, smiling. "But hey, I get to kill two birds with one stone. Two of the people I planned on killing right here."

Virgil pulled Patton closer, glaring at Phoebus. "No. Kill me, but leave Patton alone. You hurt him enough."

Phoebus hesitated, then shrugged. "Fine. We'll see if he even survives those wounds."

Virgil planted a kiss on Patton's dry lips gently, savouring his smell before pulling away. He reached into his satchel and pulled out the glasses and he unfolded them, placing it on his face. Virgil heard Phoebus let out a growl if impatience. Ignoring it, he pulled out the rose next and placed it in Patton's hand. He used his, helping Patton's hand curl in the hold it.