When I just wanna disappear, you're the one that keeps me here

A/N: Gosh. Time skip again, as you notice quickly. Not a long chapter, sorry. And some possible triggers, but not too bad stuff. 

So as you might guess this story is almost at its end. I never thought I would be writing something I don't enjoy writing, but as I am looking back I am happy I did this. My next one to write is 'Shadow Of The Day' which means more drama (buahaha). Oh, if you like Twenty One Pilots stuff and angst I have few of them too (just oneshots for now.)

----------

Another day gone. Another week. Another month. Without Chester. The weird thing was that he had gotten used to it. And he didn't know was it a good or a bad thing. Remembering Chester wasn't as painful anymore. Still there were times when it cut deep enough to make him shut down, but usually he passed it more easily.

Now his brows knitted in worry when Brad answered to his text with a simple K. Not his style. Not even when he had been mad. But he knew he would be going to find out soon what was wrong, so he tried to calm himself down. Glancing at the clock on his phone he sighed hoping that the hour left would pass more quickly.

"More coffee?" Anna walked past noticing his empty cup. She knew his habits perfectly well and was glad that he didn't drink that much coffee anymore, as he has when she had been away.

Mike stared at the bottom of the cup a while all the thoughts just swirling in his mind. "Yeah. One more."

She gave him a faint smile and picked up the cup from the coffee table. As she was walking out from the room she turned his head just to ask, "That was Brad?"

The emcee nodded and leaned back on the couch. Anna nodded back knowing that there was still the unsureness weighing them all down. For the past months, Mike had gotten better and better and she wasn't that scared anymore. But these silent moments brought always her back to that time when she thought she would become a widow too.

Mike watched behind her and turned then to look out from the window. He had had a lot of time to think about Chester. Calmly. Now as the heaviest sorrow had subsided his brains weren't foggy anymore and he could really ponder it. He didn't want that Chester's death was in vain. There must be something good coming out of it too. That they need to live because Chester would want that from them. Not to get lost in the grief so badly that they wouldn't know a way out.

"I miss the days when you were happy", Anna said. She sat next to him and gave him the cup that was now filled with steaming coffee, placing her own on the table.

"I miss the days too. But it isn't like I am not happy now. You know? There's plenty of things that are happy. That makes me happy. I am just not yet all the way happy", Mike kissed her temple softly and let her lace her fingers to his.

"I know. And I know that there will be that time too. But I miss the days when your eyes sparkled. When you couldn't stop because you were having so much fun. And I know that I shouldn't compare you and Talinda, but she is having also still a hard time. It's there, bubbling under. But seems like you both can't just let it surface. Something holding you back."