2

[  PSA: I swear I don't watch many foreign-language films but this one, 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' is on Netflix and by far, one of the best I've watched! the scene above is just so fucking funny, y'all, you have no idea and i couldn't stop myself *shrug* ] 

02  x  from right to wrong

-----

ONE YEAR AGO.

New Jersey, New York City

Sometimes, Etta found it hard to believe that this beautiful specimen of a male had come to be her husband. Kabir Sinha had the face that would stop in your tracks. He got used to that, the unexpected hiatus in a person's tangible eloquence when they studied his way supported by blundering with a detached gaze and a jittery laugh. Despite all the timeliness that came his way he was a one-woman-man who prized candid and intellectual dialogue above svelte figures and tight dresses. He was attractive alright, but within he was excellent.

Right then, Kabir was resembling a brown-skinned Adonis, stormy green eyes that was making her weak at the knees. She had to convince herself that he wanted no one else but her; that her love was enough.

"You're late."

Etta let out a weakened laugh as she dropped her coat and keys by the door. She had quite the day at the lab, very few visitors and neck-deep in completing a few thesis statements by college seniors for their final year projects. By the time she had finished, her phone had blown out with at least a hundred missed calls and messages from her impatient man and fearing to take the next call. She had continued to procrastinate in calling back until she got home.

"And you're mad."

"I am," his lips moved to the side of his face, the chiselled, granite features contorting to a grimace. His thick, Indian accent seeped in, sounding marginally British. "I thought it was a DIY dinner night."

"And I didn't forget," she sang under her breath as she put down the grocery bag of items over the kitchenette by the entrance. 

Their little, high-rise apartment was modest, eccentric and a microcosm of comfort. Everything was a clusterfuck, Kabir was unnervingly messy, but she adored their little banters on cleanliness. Just then, she spotted three lone bottles of beer by his leg that was propped up on the coffee table.