The Date Mishap

Savannah walked among the noisy games in the arcade she was now in, her eyes scanning over the colorful displays of little characters, and joysticks. She turned her head as a loud exclamation was heard from the joint dojo beside the arcade in the mall of her small town. Her converse's hit the 80's style carpet, and she brushed a piece of her brown hair behind her ear. She had just come from cheer practise when a boy texted her to ask her on a date. She said yes, and hoped it would help put her in a more cheerier mood than she was. Practise wasn't the same for her anymore. She didnt feel the rush of being captain like she did when she was first elected. She just didn't feel...cheery anymore.

And since she had nothing else to do on a Friday evening, she agreed to go on a date with the baseball player, Garret. He was moderately built, with dazzling blue eyes, but he was extremely shy. Savannah amiably walked around the arcade, seeing as Garret went to fetch them some pizzas and drinks. She liked him. Thought he was cute. But she wished he would relax around her. She sighed and moved to one of the tables beside the arcade games, tapping her fingers on the surface when she saw him come back.

"One pepperoni pizza, and soda for the lady," he said with a small grin and placed the plate before her. She smiled at him, which made his cheeks turn pink and she wanted to chuckle. There was something about him that intrigued her.

"And what did you get?" She asked as she sipped her soda, and he looked down at his plate.

"Just a plain old cheese pizza. Plain I know," he said with a shrug of his shoulders. She frowned. She didn't like how down he seemed.

"Nothing is wrong with plain," she said, tilting her head so he would meet her eyes and he looked to her, smiling softly at her. That smile gave a her a small sense of pride. They talked for awhile before he decided to teach her how to play some of the games in this place. She took her drink over to the one labeled Galactica and he came up behind her to teach her the rules and the moves. But as he showed her one particular move both their hands hit the soda she was drinking and it spilled all over the game, short circuiting it. They both stared in shock before he grabbed her hand and started to run for their lives.

They both ran out of the mall laughing. Yet his hand was still in hers. And she didn't want to let go.

"Sorry Savannah, this isn't what I planned for a first date," he said and she smiled.

"Call me Van. And this is the best first date ever," she said, happily. Maybe Garret could help her find her spirit again.