shot 1

"Did you hear? He doesn't remember my birthday? How mean!" Nandini bluffed.
"Two caffelatte" Manik placed their order at her favorite cafe while listening to her.
"Manik, he doesn't know my favorite color! He doesn't know my favorite flower. He doesn't know anything about me! Why don't these guys try to know little things?" She complained while Manik gently pushed the coffee mug towards her.
"Manik say something!" She exclaimed after sipping her favorite coffee.
Manik came out from his meditating stare.
He sipped the coffee and asked her to continue.
Later at night.
"Manik, I think I am over it." Read his Whats App message from his childhood friend.
He immediately drove to her place.
"Nandini? You fine?" He asked.
"No," She hugged him tight and dug her face in his chest.
"He left me." He could feel the tears wetting his t-shirt.
Rather he could see her post-breakup tantrums coming, for the fifth time.
"Ice cream?" He asked.
She nodded and they drove to nearest ice cream parlor and ordered her favorite flavor.
She went on with her blabbering. He went on with staring at her.
He drove her back to home.
Few months later.
"Manikk! I think I like someone" she said while pushing a coffee mug towards him.
He knew it wasn't for the first time. But the sense of pain made him immobile. He felt cold for the sixth time.
"who is it?" He asked.
She took out a photo. And placed it on his hand.
"This guy" Manik could see his passport sized photo in his hand.
"Who used to keep this photo" she placed a another stamp sized photo, of her in his hand.
His smile broadened.
"you mean these?" he took out few photos of Nandini from his chest pocket.
Both smiled as they sipped her favorite coffee with his favorite person.