one big family

I am number 1.1 off duty now, soon to forget everything. Leave all of it behind. My real name is Cleo, at the moment I am fourteen years old, I am part of the ultimatum. Not by choice! My mother was what they call a 'lab rat' she works in the research center as a specialist in unknown species. My father is the leader of this team, the team is not your usual special ops team it's a bit complicated. My mom is part of it now too. I'll explain because it is kind off hard to wrap your head around. In this team, there are twelve people everyone has his own place and then there is one community room. The leader my father and mother run the place, and I am their daughter. The other eight are top agents, all pretty young. People don't seem to stay long they die, what doesn't happen often or they can't take it anymore. Mom and dad are the lucky ones they got to keep their child but there is one catch, if one of them dies I have to go.

I woke up at eight in the morning. As I look around my room there is something quite off. On my desk is a red letter to be found, I didn't think much of it so I just walked past it. On to a hot shower. I log in the chips that we all have, it grants us access to the other rooms and to all the skin panels. As I step in the shower I activate it and I see a new sub panel, fighting gear. I stop the shower get into the gear and run into the community room. We're only going to the Sahara for a routine check-up and for, as he keeps quiet I am jumping around, dune gliding! I scream out loud and start packing up. As the other team members laugh my dad grabs my coat and sits me down at the table. Number five will explain the suit and now you just eat your breakfast. Okay, you in she starts. look the suit is a second skin which makes it really thin. It's bulletproof it is protective against heat and there is a special mask which you can see through but they can't see you. It keeps you alive if you are at the brink of death. She stops talking and sits down and drinks her coffee. Mom walks towards the kitchen an smiles at me. Eight looks me in the eye, you know you will get a gun but I don't think you will use it. It's a Glock so you will be fine. It's not the first time I come along on such a trip but its always fun, its like we are one big family. As we walk to the tubes, in the center of the room there is big system of tubes that allows speed travel through all the buildings. As I looked I saw seven running around aggravated, 'I won't go in there if that group is still on the lose! As everyone looks at her she just puts her hand above her head. 'she has a point you know? I mean it is really tricky'. The team is cautious that really doesn't happen often. I don't mention my doubts and step in one of the tubes.

the whole team steps out of the tubes and walks towards the big plan table, I never go close it's their business. As I walk around the room I look at the plain walls, only metal nothing more. There is one bug blueish table in the middle. As they all gather around I follow them. They just set up the plan, it's all a straightforward plan, no weird turns or something just a patrol.