c h a p t e r 5

I wake up, feeling refreshed for once in a long time, and stretch my arms, receiving a few satisfying pops. Slipping my feet into small slippers, I shuffle my way to the bathroom, the sun slowly rising. Taking some time off, i start the day to relax by first exercising.

I brush my teeth before grooming my hair, laying down the hair that has strung up. I softly brush the bangs covering my left eye before placing it down, in an attempt to cover it. I walk back to my room.

I change into a set of sports leggings and a comfortable t-shirt, adding a hoodie as protection from the cold. I walk to the door, grabbing my keys, phone, and headphone along the way. I put on some running shoes before walking out, locking the door with a click.

I put on my headphones and turned on music. Starting to jog slowly, my body rhythmically ran according to the repetitious beat of calming music. Eventually, I ran to the city, where my little journey stopped.

Looking up at the city clock, it was 11 AM. Hungry, I walk to a nearby restaurant, which was a soba shop in the city, famous for its buckwheat noodles made on the day and closing when it's all sold out.

I walk to a lady at a small desk, calling out tables for people to walk inside the restaurant. Tapping on the desk, she looks at me with a pleasant smile.

"Hello, welcome to Ogawa Soba Restaurant. We don't have space in the restaurant but you can wait if you must. Is this for one person?" She says in a soothing voice.

"Yes."

"You can be seated until I call for your number." She points to a small set of chairs, others occupying the seats except one. I take a seat and listen to my music. After about 20 minutes, she called my number and gestures me to go in. I follow a waiter as she seats me in a two-seat table. She hands me a menu and a cup of green tea as I flip through the book.

I hear the door open as there are sounds of two pairs of feet shuffling to the table next to me. Whispers started to erupt from other tables.

"Is that pro-hero Endeavor?"

"Should I ask for his autograph?"

"Is that his son with him?! He's as handsome as they say in the magazines." Curious, I turn my head to my right.

There was #2 pro-hero Endeavor, with a fire Quirk. He's one place behind All Might and was dressed in his hero suit of a navy blue bodysuit and white cuffs on his arms. He wore flaming boots and his eyes and mustache were also covered in flames, licking the air. He was  for his attitude and behavior in disasters, yet provided a safe haven in the city.

He was a despised hero, yet strong. I never liked his attitude but I didn't hate him to such extent. It has been stated in a interview once that there was a rivalry between him and All Might.

A waitress sets two menus and two cups of tea, before walking towards me.

"Have you made your decision yet?" She smiles. I shake my head. She walks off, attending other costumers.

I continue to watch over Endeavor, stone faced. My eyes skim over to a boy, about the same age as me, across from Endeavor. Peripherally, his hair was split into two colors, his right side a deep red while his left side was a ghostly white. His eyes were in the same condition.