Love? (english)

What is love?

According to dictionary.com, the word love describes "passionate affection for another person". And the scrabble word value for love is seven. Just in case anyone was wondering.

People often times say every person has a soulmate and eventually everybody will find theirs. I mean, come on. How high is the possibility that you will find this one person out of 7 billion? Right, 1 divided by 7 billion. And that is a really, really tiny number.

But there are still a lot of people who claim they have found their soulmate

But there are still a lot of people who claim they have found their soulmate. How? Maybe it doesn't work like in the movie twilight were Jacob imprints on Renesmee even before she was born. Maybe we can decide who is going to be our soulmate. It probably wasn't predestined. Maybe it just happens that if you spend a lot of time with a person they realize how great you two fit together and your hormones start to freak out.

But are soulmate and the love of my life even the same person? Can't my best friend who I spend a lot of time with be my soulmate, but the love of my life is someone else?

What if I already found my soulmate, but I'm not in love with him? Maybe we have the same way of thinking, maybe we see the world out of the same eyes, but we are not in love. Is this person less important than the "love of my life" who should be my soulmate? Isn't it bad to just rely on one person in life? Don't you need a best friend and a lover?