New Kind

Nature is perfect isn't it? Everything from habitat to the food chain is perfectly made. At least until the humans came and destroyed it all. Our species is something different from anything humans have seen. We are mutations. Nature made it possible to intertwine marine and terrestrial animals and make it even more special. We like to call ourselves Plastic Comedenti Piscis (PCP) which means 'fish that eats plastic'. Our purpose in life is to eat as much trash as we can so we can clean our planet. We are the world's last chance.

My name is Dimitri which is very accurate since it means 'lover of earth'. I have always cleaned the beaches until some biologists captured my friend and I. They are afraid of me because of my huge teeth. I use them to eat the plastic but they think we are some predator that will be a threat to their society. That is partly my fault and I couldn't feel worse. I have put my friend, who is also the love of my life, in danger. I didn't want it to happen... I realized late that the plastic bag I was eating had a dead human inside, and I was caught in the act by these mad scientists. I just wish I could fix this, for Lana, my crush since childhood... Lana is...special, she is a seahorse and has a swab permanently attached since she was three, all because of this polluted world.

''No I haven't study the new fish yet *quick pause* We are planning on bisecting it *quick pause* yeah okay, bye!'' says a red haired scientist. You don't need much brains to know they are talking about me and I don't feel too good about being bisected. I need to get out of here.

I think I have a plan 'Dory style' that might work. I have frog like legs so I will jump and use the water as impulse. I hug Lana tightly as we jump and hit the ground. I can survive in both water and land but seahorses can't, so I drag my seahorse into a sewer. It all happens so fast I can't even see where we're going but at least we're free.

''Ahhhhhhhh'' I desperately scream.

''Hey! Calm down okay? It's over now. You saved us. We're okay.'' said Lana, calming me down. Her way of dealing with complicated situations is what makes me love her even more. Should I tell her my feelings?

''Okay, *breath* Lana, I lo-'' I try confessing my love but I stop when I notice some plastic around her neck.

''Dimitry, don't worry about me... I want you to continue to eat as much trash as you can so this doesn't happen to anyone else okay?'' she softly tells me with tears. Its all those stupid humans fault. I will eat all the trash but for Lana, not for them. With my new purpose and tears I swim away.