Chapter 1: Rage

A boy, bloodied and beaten stirs as the distant roar of an engine fades away. He winces. And slowly stumbles through the forest, leaning against trees to keep himself balanced. He coughs, and limps to the beach, where he sees the bull head vanish. He sees birds rush overhead, squeaking in panic as they careen past him. He stares confusedly as they screech and squawk. Suddenly, a massive flash of bright white light blinds him, and he shields his eyes. Before he hears a terrible roaring boom. He peeks through his fingers to see a massive mushroom cloud of fire. He recoils in fear, and turns to slowly limp away as fast possible. As a the terrible roar increases in volume, other creatures run beside him, the samepure, primal terror shining in their eyes.

He looks behind him as he crests a small hill, and sees one of the other islands be consumed by a titanic wall of fire, which is rapidly approaching, glassing stone and burning any organic material to nothing. The wall of fire reaches the beach as he dives over the hillside, spotting a small cave. He sprints as he hears the all consuming roar of the flames approach. He dives in and runs deep into it. But all at once his body is racked with unmeasurable pain, and a searing pain in his chest causes him to instantly black out.

Timeskip

Days? Hours? Months? He didn't know how long he'd been out, but still felt the searing pain. He looked down and saw that he had been skewered by a stalagmite, now bent and molten.

He gasps in pain as he felt the invading rocky protrusion rub against his internal organs. He grabs the point and snaps it off, tossing it of. He then slowly rises himself off the broken stone spike, screaming in anguish. He finally succeeds and falls flat on his stomach, moaning in pain. But he suddenly feels a buzz as the pain fades.

He stares as the wound starts to rapidly close, bones rebuilding and flesh knitting back together, with skin smoothly sliding over until the flesh seems good as new. He rubs his chest and navel and feels no pain. He stands up shakily, and realizes his other wounds are gone too. He stares at his hands, and realizes his shirt has been burned away. He marches to the caves entrance.

"What's going on here?"

He steps outside and his eyes widen in horror. Everything was desolated. Nothing seemed to be alive. It was silent except for the crackle of small fires. He somberly walks through the destruction. He stares at where the Bullhead disappeared. He growls as something shifts in his body, and walks to the beach, entering the filthy water contaminated with the remains of what had lived on the island. He submerges, and powers forth.

Timeskip

At the docks, a dock worker was helping the crew of a cargo ship unload the last huge crate from the ships hold. The old captain calmly watches from a distance.

"This was the Sanca Martin's last voyage. I hate to have you sent for scrap old man. I'd much rather you become an artificial reef, supporting new life. But, you're too valuable for that in the eyes of the company."

But as the words leave the captains mouth, the water around the old ship begins to froth and boil. A loud groan of metal is heard. The captains eye's widen and he roars:

"Get down!"

The crew and dock workers fall flat on their stomachs as the ship suddenly explodes as a blue beam erupts from the center. The blazing beam shuts off as the ships groans as its structure collapses in on itself. Several smaller explosions send shrapnel and bolts flying around like machine gun fire. As the ship slowly starts to drift away form the dock while sinking, a figure appears on the deck.

Their face is not discernible due to blazing inferno and smoke around them, but they seem perfectly fine. They jump to an impossible height and land with a distant thud. The captain watches as his old ship drifts away and disappears into the water. As his crew attempt to go find the figure, he stops them.