Please Come Back

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK! My legs are screaming in protest as I run through the forest. I ignore the pain and continue running. I have to get to him. He can't be gone yet. He has to be alive. When Lotor said I would be the one to kill Keith I thought it was stupid. That I would never do such a thing. God, I was so wrong. So, so wrong. I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I should have payed more attention! I should have known that wasn't him! I'm so stupid! I clench my fist tighter and I can feel the pain from the pendent digging into my hand. Keith's pendent. I race forwards and when I see the clearing I push myself faster. I run through it and come to a stop. In front of me is a giant wolf. The animal is huge and it's curled around something protectively. When it sees me it whines. I watch as it moves over to the side to reveal Keith. He's in his human form. He's laying on the ground with his eyes closed. He's not moving. I race forwards and kneel down next to him.

"Keith?"

I reach out and gently move his bangs out of the way. When he doesn't answer I slowly lift him into my arms and cradle him in my lap.

"I'm so sorry."

I whisper.

"I'm so stupid and sorry. I didn't know."

"Lance?"

The voice is small and weak but I know it's Keith's.

"Oh my god. Keith."

He moves and opens his eyes to look at me. He looks exhausted. Like all the energy he had is gone.

"I'm so tired."

He says softly.

"I know. I'm sorry."

He shakes his head.

"You don't have to be sorry."

"I do. It's my fault. I didn't know and I should have."

I look at him and he looks back.

"What I said was for you."

He smiles and reaches out to cup my face.

"I know."

His hand is cold against my face for a second before it falls.

"I love you Lance..."

He whispers before all his energy gives out. He collapses into my arms and I hold him close to me.

"No... Keith..."

I lay him down next to the wolf and look around. I can feel the anger burning inside me. I know who did this. I may have triggered it but I know who the real murderer is. Lotor is going to pay. I look around before shouting.

"COME OUT ALREADY YOU COWARD!"

The anger is burning away at my heart. He did it. He killed the love of my life.

"YOU KNOW THE TRUTH! WHAT I SAID WAS FOR HIM! YOU CAN PRETEND ALL YOU WANT BUT I WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS SAY THOSE WORDS TO YOU!"

I shout menacingly.

"COME OUT AND FACE ME!"

Hot, burning, rage. The feeling is so powerful that I find myself shaking with it.

"I WILL NEVER LOVE YOU!"

A low laugh comes from the trees and Lotor steps out.

"Too late for that my prince."

"I'm not your prince."

I growl.

"Nor will I ever be."

He rolls his eyes.

"I don't see what the big deal is. I'm way more attractive than him. I thought that was all that matters to you?"

He's saying it to get on my nerves. I know he is. But I can't help but reply.

"It's way more than you could ever imagine. It's something you will never feel."

"What? That he was another part of you or something? Please. That boy is a filthy mutt. Nobody wants him."

Those words send a vibration of pain through me. I knew people talked badly about him but is this what they really thought? That he was nothing more than a... mutt?

"Don't you dare say that about him."

He shrugs.

"Honestly, I think I'm better suited for you."

"In your dreams."

He looks over at Keith's slumped figure then back at me.

"It's not like you can do anything. You killed him."

That's it. I can't sit here and talk anymore. Before I can do anything else a loud growl comes from the sky. We both look up to see the blue lion. She races down and before I can react I'm being scooped up into her jaws.

-It's time to beat some galra ass-

She growls.

"Blue!"

I don't waste any time running towards the cockpit.

"Hell yeah it is."