08 | Stop playing with me

"Oh no..." I muttered.
He just turned the ride to its highest speed. His white gloved covered hands are gripping onto the railing out of complete laughter, holding himself up. I hear him cackle like it's the funniest thing he's ever experienced.
As I feel myself spinning and sliding all the way up to the ceiling, i notice his face starting to turn red from how much laughing and pleasure this is causing him.
Everything is warped and dizzy, I hear his laugh echoing inside my brain, like it's multiplying rapidly.

It becomes
louder and louder

"make it STOP!"

It's all so intense, I start to black out.

*POP*

I hear the sound of a balloon pop as the ride slows down.
"he's not...there?"

He's gone, I look to the control panel and there's just a normal worker. I look around to see everyone having fun and screaming out of pleasure. The ride slows down to a stop.
"Get me off this fucking ride..." I exhale as I dizzily grab for the railing.

"Whaaaa? that was totally a blast! Did you really hate it that much?" Jared exclaims to me as we walk out the exit line. Grabbing onto the metal fencing "I don't feel so great..." as I fall to my knees closer to the ground, I gag while starting to barf. "Shit, I'm sorry Sarah. I didn't think it would make you so sick." Jared leans over to rub my shoulder while I wipe my mouth.

"the ride would've been fun if it wasn't for that clown...he made me feel so nauseous"

"no no it's not your fault Jared! I was already feeling a little under the weather." I make up an excuse. He helps me up while holding onto my shoulders as I can hardly stand, "let's just get back to Anna and Mia, we gotta find you some water." He replies while guiding me back towards the food area.
"Thanks Jared..." He's always been such a great friend to me, I'm really lucky. I look up to him as we walk side by side, he's a lot taller than me. I notice myself staring at the side of his face, he has this worried tone over his eyes. I must have scared him.

"he's...kinda cute."

"Plus It's nice having someone care about me like this."
I think to myself.

"hm?" He looks down to me as he notices me staring. I blush and dart my eyes away quickly.
What am I thinking? Jared's one of my best friends, I can't go thinking things like that.

Anna starts to run towards Jared and I as she spots us making our way to her.
"What happened!?" Anna exclaims,
"I'm fine I just got a little too dizzy!"
I start to push myself off of Jared to get closer to Anna and explain.
"Hey..."
Jared grabs my arm making me turn around to him. We lock eyes as I notice he has this concerned look on his face.
"why is he looking at me like that..? I only got nauseous, it's not like i'm dying"

Anna finally reaches me and grabs the side of my face to look at me. "You're so pale! C'mon you need some refresssshments" She says in her goofy voice trying to make me laugh. I giggle at her silliness. Walking back with her slightly hunched over, I start to look over my shoulder at Jared. He's walking behind us with his head down and his hands in his pockets. He's so serious all of a sudden.

I sit down with the group and try to rejuvenate.
"What's up with him?" Mia motions her head towards Jared who isn't sitting with us.
Gulping down water I clear my voice and answer her, "uhm- yeah I don't know, he got super weird all of sudden."
I look over to see him sitting near a magic trick performance he isn't really watching.

"His mom got this awful stomach virus that made her throw up for days, he had to be the one to take care of her since his shit-head father was never around. Y'know holding her hair back and cleaning her up. He was worried sick, and he was so young he probably had no idea what was gonna happen to her. Maybe you throwing up just got some old feelings stirred up again. PTSD?" Anna told us while she looked for her wallet in her purse.

"geez I had no idea, he never told me that story."

"there it is!" Anna yelled. "now we can finally get that popcorn you're just dyinnng for hahaha!"
"Aw thanks Anna you're the best!"

"I've gotta go talk to him..."
I make my way to him through the crowd.
"Hey, how ya feeling?" I ask him as he stands up to walk with me.
"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" - Jared
"Ah don't worry about me, all I needed was some resting and hydration!" - Sarah
"Listen, I'm sorry I scared you so much. Anna told me about your mom-"
Cutting me off quickly he replies  "She did? Of course she did. It's alright I just got a little freaked out. Felt like those days again for a second, I know it sounds silly.
I just...I-um care about you. A lot..." - Jared
He stops his feet to look me in the eyes. What is he doing?
"It's not silly at all, I care about you too! You're one of my closest friends, how could I not?" I say laughingly to him creating a smile on his face.

 What is he doing? "It's not silly at all, I care about you too! You're one of my closest friends, how could I not?" I say laughingly to him creating a smile on his face

(Sara and Jared)

We lean in to hug each other, "What is that stench?" I back away from the hug as I feel sudden sharp claws dig into my back the farther I pull away. Jared's gone.

It's him.

Pennywise pressing against my body tightly, pulling me so close I can hardly breathe. He smells of pure blood and decay, I can hear growling merging from inside his chest. He's really angry...causing me to become scared. I'm starting to tremble in fear, my legs are becoming weak.
"it hurts...his claws are so deep in my skin." I can feel the blood dripping down my back to my tail bone.

"You've made me angry Sarah..."

His voice sounds dark and twisted, I'm trying to make out a word in reply but my body won't let me.

"You're not his toy..."