Chapter 11

She let out a soft groan, rolling to her other side, now facing away from him. Arthur, he was awake. He had been for the past few hours, but he was used to being awake this early. He'd been awake long before the sun was even making its way above the horizon.

He glanced down at her for a moment, a smile appearing on his lips. Waking up to someone beside him was actually pretty refreshing for once, as he was used to waking alone. Maybe he'd have to finally make his bed more than one single mattress.

Arthur wrapped an arm around her waist, tugging her closer against him. His actions earned a small moan from her, body curling closer against him. She didn't want to wake up, not yet anyway. She was so warm, he was making her feel warm.

"Alyssa..." He whispered softly, placing a small kiss upon her cheek. "I think you should get up..."

A whine. "5 more minuets..." She mumbled, placing her hand over his, their fingers intertwining.

"How about no..." He spoke, sliding his hand up her bare stomach. "C'mon, don't we got things to do today?"

She sighed, her eyes finally opening. "Yeah..." She responded, turning again to face him once more. "Sadly. I want to just lay in bed all day with you..."

This earned a small chuckle from him. Lay in bed all day? Completely unheard of. Hell, he can't even remember the last time he laid in bed to recover from sickness. If he ever did, it'd be way back when he was but a child.

"How are you feeling?"

Her cheeks reddened a little, a small laugh coming from her. "A little sore..." She respoded hesitantly. "It's... been awhile since..."

But that was a lie. She'd had an intimate night with MacCready a week prior. But she wasn't going to tell him that... He'd flip his bisquit if he ever found out.

Maxson pulled her against his body, chuckling. "You... don't regret what we did... right?" The tone of his voice became more serious now, eyes softening as they locked with hers.

She sat up, holding the blanket against her bare chest. "No, of course not. You've no idea how long I've wanted... that."

He shook his head with a small snicker. "That's a fucken lie." He replied, kissing the top of her head before getting out of bed.

Alyssa smiled a little before grabbing his arm, now sitting on her knees. He turned towards her for a moment only to have his lips captured into a kiss. He placed a hand on her cheek, returning the kiss for a moment.

"I should... get dressed." She finally spoke after a moment, earning a chuckle from her lover.

"I'd prefer you like this though." He responded, that stupid flirty tone in his voice. 

This earned a laugh from her. "Stop being perverted for once in your damn life." 

"I can't when you're hanging around like this." 

Alyssa grabbed the nearby pillow, tossing it at his face before finally climbing out of bed. "I hate you." She joked, grabbing her clothes from the floor. "Get dressed you idiot." 

-----------------------------------------------

"Morning kid, you ready to get going?"

Nick crossed his arms over his chest, watching his friend lock the door to the house she had exited. She chuckled a little bit, tucking the key under the Welcome mat, before turning towards him.

"I suppose." She replied, stretching. "Oh uh, Nick... you remember-"

"Yeah, we've met." Nick spoke, taking a glance towards the Brotherhood Elder for a moment before beginning to walk. "Your pack is at Red Rocket, right?"