❆ jaeno cristmas special ❆

a / n  merry christmas, here as a gift, i present you the christmas special chapter! this is the jaeno christmas special

jaemin laughed with his friends who were spending christmas at donghyucks and marks new apartment, they had bought one after a few months of dating

jaemin bought one too, thinking it would be the best not to live off of donghyuck, not that donghyuck minded.

they were gathered in the spacious living room, a good safe distance from the fire pit that was warming the house.
they had a coffee table in the middle where the snacks had been placed along with glogg and hot chocolate.

jaemin had been living well after a very confusing breakup with jeno, but with the help of his best friend he got better.
he wouldn't say he moved on, but he was happy.

but this night, december 23rd, he was feeling awkward but still laughing trying not to show his uneasiness.
why?
well jeno is still mark's bestfriend and well haechan and mark are dating which means of course jeno is spending christmas with them too.

jaemin eyed what his friends were doing,

chenle and jisung were now all cuddled up in the sofa rubbing their noses together lovingly.

mark and haechan were in the kitchen preparing the main feast for us to eat, but jaemin wasn't sure that was what they were doing. the food might end up getting burned.

lucas and jungwoo were a few seconds ago keeping jaemin company, but then they left outside to have a walk since it was pretty outside.

the guy who jeno had cheated with, was new to the friend group, as kun and chenle introduced the other chinese not long ago.
jaemin wanted to hate renjun, but he ended up being a decent guy and actually apologized to jaemin, plus there weren't any lingering feelings between the two, who just had a one night stand.
they just happened to be extremely drunk i guess, even though it doesn't make up for what jeno did.

anyway renjun and kun decided to head to the kitchen to take care of the food, since clearly mark and haechan were terrible at it hearing their screams from the kitchen.

that left me and jeno in the living room floor around the coffee table.
i took a bite of a cookie to get something for myself to do, plus i usually eat when im nervous.

jeno looked very uncomfortable too, since his eyes were wandering everywhere as he was biting his bottom lip harshly without noticing.
it was a habit of his.

"you'll bleed." jaemin pointed out for the other who looked around and then fixing his gaze on jaemin, "me?" he finally asked pointing himself with his finger.
jaemin nodded, "you were biting your lip."

jeno noticed his actions and put his hand on his lips checking if there was any blood already, gladly not.
"thank you, nana." he said while smiling, which made jaemins heart pound.
he didn't feel sad, just he felt like something was missing.
jeno got flustered by his own words, "im sorry, it's just that im so used to—"
he was cut off, "it's fine, don't sweat it."

a silence fell into the atmosphere again, only hearing the sounds of the fire pit and a giggling chensung couple.
it wasn't awkward, it was just silence.
jaemin was glad it wasn't awkward anymore, maybe everything would go back.
i mean, since christmas is the time for miracles to happen.

"hey, nana. can we go outside for a bit.. to talk?" jeno asked suddenly, surprised by his own bravery to ask.
"sure." jaemin just agreed getting up and walking to the front door with jeno, where they put shoes and jackets on.

nana grabbed his mittens too before jumping out to the doorstep and walking towards a pair of swings the houses owners, mark and haechan, had put up.
he sat down to one of them, the swing creaking.

jeno did the same.

"so, how is everything?" jeno asked, his breath making a cloud of fog in the cold winter air.
"im well, my studies are doing good and bought my own apartment. i also got a full-time job at this clothing company." jaemin tells his latest good news, and looks at the dark sky, there wasn't many stars in seoul though and it wasn't dark due to the white snow and city lights.

"you were always good at fashion." jeno implied making the other chuckle, "that's why i study it, you fool."
jeno let out a quite sad laugh, "i know im a fool and im so sorry for everything, i should've done better."

jaemin laughed again, which made the light chocolate haired boy confused.
"it's funny to see you serious, you've changed alot, jeno."
jeno nodded and turned slightly to look at his ex-boyfriend, "is it cheesy if i say it was you who changed me?"

jaemin cringed, "yes, this isn't some wattpad story in which im the heroine who changes the badboy for the better."
jeno laughed confortably for the first time in a long time, he felt at ease.
"i guess it could be?" jeno joked.

"i missed this." he continued, "laughing with you, i mean." jeno cleared.
jaemin agreed on what the other said, "me too."

they looked at each other, with happiness showing from their eyes.

looks like christmas really is a time for miracles.

thank you for reading, i just wrote this in an hour at 2am because i couldn't sleep like alwaysdue to my insomnia

wrote this in an hour at 2am because
i couldn't sleep like always
due to my insomnia.
i hope you enjoyed it, you can
let yourself imagine of
what happens next!

merry christmas my babies !! 🎄💚