》x. five minutes' time

( chapter ten ! )- five minutes' time -

( chapter ten ! )
- five minutes' time -

Rebekah had never felt more disappointed or hurt in her entire life

Rebekah had never felt more disappointed or hurt in her entire life. That argument with Johnny ended up hurting more than when he didn't say anything at all. The worst part though was that he was right. She was dangerous--a monster.

She spent the rest of the day locked in her room. When Ben asked if she wanted to go out for drinks at the bar they both like, she closed the door. That's when he knew something was wrong. Rebekah never refused alcohol. 

Sue even tried talking to her. Rebekah just ignored her. But Reed knew better. He just left a mug of hot chocolate by her door. That annoyed Rebekah. Reed knew that she liked one of Lorenzo's cannolis with her hot chocolate.

When she was sure that no one was around, Rebekah snuck out to get one of those donuts. 

After slipping on her shoes and pulling her hair back into a bun, Rebekah finally made her escape. The streets were filled with the usual crowd, but Castelli's Bakery was quiet. She loved it. 

"Becky!" Lorenzo exclaimed in his Italian accent. "It's been too long since I saw you last!"

Rebekah walked into Lorenzo's open arms, breathing in the familiar bakery smell. "I know I haven't been making my usual daily stops, but I don't know if you've heard--"

"About your superpowers, yes. I watch the news."

She shifted uncomfortably. "I wouldn't call them super."

"And why not? You saved those firemen on the bridge, yes?" Lorenzo went behind the counter to ring up her usual order.

Rebekah dropped her head as a bell rings, signaling that another customer has entered. "I suppose. "But thinking about how to use her powers makes it worse. No matter how hard I concentrate, they end up getting out of hand."

"Then don't think, amore," Lorenzo said, handing over a steaming cup of hot chocolate. "Now, to make things better: One or two cannolis?"

Taking the hot chocolate, Rebekah shook her head. "Oh, I don't think I need--"