》xi. fight for your right to party

( chapter eleven ! )- fight for your right to party -

- fight for your right to party -

It was an understatement to say that Rebekah can pretty much handle herself

It was an understatement to say that Rebekah can pretty much handle herself. She liked to do things on her own. But sometimes, she wouldn't refuse any help offered to her. Now was one of those times.

She and Johnny took off into the air, quickly finding where the others were dealing with Victor. After all, the crashed vehicles and broken concrete surrounded by a gathering crowd were pretty much a dead giveaway.

Ben was laying on the ground, a trail of crushed asphalt in his wake from being thrown. Victor stood over him, a long metal pole in his hands. He lifted it over his head to impale the orange, rocky man but a force field held him back. Victor turned towards Reed and Sue, calling them pathetic, and he went to attack them. But Johnny threw a ball of fire at him, getting his attention before landing next to Sue with Rebekah on his other side.

"You missed me," Johnny concluded obviously. Ben joined them, and Johnny nodded at him. "Had a little relapse, huh? Welcome back."

"This is going to be fun," Victor groaned, beginning to pull the electricity from the surrounding street lamps, vehicles, and buildings. Glass broke everywhere, falling onto the crowd below. People screamed and headed for cover. Victor aimed a blast of electricity at Johnny, who was thrown back. He aimed at Ben and knocked him away.

Victor sparked up a street lamp, and it broke, the pieces flying. A large chunk of metal flew towards a group of people, and Rebekah grabbed onto it, the redness surrounding it as she tossed it to the ground.

Rebekah paused, looking down at her hands. "Don't think," she whispered, remembering what Lorenzo told her. The trick was not to concentrate too much.

After she saved those people, Victor turned on Rebekah, shooting a beam of electricity at her, but Sue stepped between them, blocking the blast with a force field. She struggled, and Victor's power grew stronger. "I can't hold it!"

Rebekah went to Sue's aid, jumping into the air and throwing an energy blast at Victor. But that didn't stop him. With his other hand, Victor shot at Rebekah, hitting her in the chest with a constant stream of lightning.