Chapter 6 - Hidden

A/N picture of Molly in external link x Well its just Cara Delevingne with brown hair. Actually it's not Molly. Molly is Molly coz she's prettier than Cara.

I got dressed slinging on a random white top and skinny jeans completed with white knee high converse before I headed out my room.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I yet again had the choice on which direction do I go except this time there was a third one. Left, right or straight ahead. Straight ahead seemed like it lead to the main entrance of the house so it wasn't that. Left and right were both two identical corridors yet again except there were staff wandering around in them. Maybe I could go behind.

I went round one side of the grande stairs and there was a corner which I went round. I walked all the way round and ended up where I started. At the bottom of the grand stairs. I retraced my steps and when I took the corner this time, I noticed that the wall on my right was a white wall. I ran my hands along it searching for a door of some sort.

It was just a plain white wall and no sign of a door until my fingers ran over something cold and metallic. I looked at what my fingers had grazed over and it was a keyhole. How do I get into the basement without a key?

Maybe Molly would keep one hidden somewhere round here. I took a step back and initiated to search for a place where she would hide a key. I was stood on black hardwood flooring so it couldn’t be under there and there was no rugs, frames, tables etc. that it could be hidden in. It was just… Empty.

I sat down cross legged on the floor staring at the keyhole while drumming my fingers against the solid floor. There must be another entrance because this part gives the impression that people know about it with it being so clean and polished.

I got back up to my feet and entered the left corridor randomly. I let my fingers travel across the wall, over the doors, over the framing of picture frames. I wasn’t interested into what the frames were holding strangely as I let my legs carry me down the corridor until I reached a dead end. I spun round on my heels debating on what to do next.

I strolled back down the corridor and landed back in the hallway and seeing as though I had nothing to do, I sat down on the last few steps of the stairs and gazed into the old grandfather clock opposite me watching the hands tick by and forced myself to be intrigued to the detail embroidering the old thing.

"Lived for centuries that old thing" Molly spoke up sitting down next to me, leaning against the railing.

“I came looking for you before but I couldn’t find you” I spoke up after a few seconds of silence with nothing but the grandfather clock ticking away.

"Would you like t-"

“Is there a-” I started to speak at the same time as Molly.

“You first” We both said in unison letting out a little laugh after it.

“Ok I’ll show you where I was” She told me getting up and straightening her black top. I got up and followed her expecting her to go behind the staircase but instead she walked towards the entrance of the house.

“But there is a white wall behind the stairs” I told her confused as we stepped outside into the cold tunnel doorway.

“The one with a keyhole?” I nodded in reply and rubbed my bare arms to keep me warm but Molly was unaffected by the cold.

“Are you not cold?” I asked following her as she walked around the house and into the back.

“We’re vampires?” She answered like I was stupid and thick.